ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQ in clustered environment

MQ in clustered environment « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
visamal
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: MQ in clustered environment Reply with quote

My application (J2EE) is running in clustered environment. I need a Queue which should be in clustered environment. How can we control duplicate messages from different JVM (weblogic app server) in cluster. Do we need to control this from application or any other way. Pls suggest. I tried with Google and IBM site, I am not able to find any useful info.
Thanks in adv.

Last edited by visamal on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

are you talking about hardware cluster or mqseries cluster? clustering has been discussed here a lot, search and read here. read the mq cluster manual.

control doublicate messages in a cluster? could you please be more specific? in a mqseries cluster, there will be no doublicate messages. or is your application generating multiple messages? or or or?
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: MQ in clustered environment Reply with quote

Grand Master

visamal wrote:
My application (J2EE) is running in clustered environment. I need a Queue which should be in clustered environment. How can we control duplicate messages from different JVM (app server) in cluster. Do we need to control this from application or any other way. Pls suggest. I tried with Google and IBM site, I am not able to find any useful info.
Thanks in adv.

AFAIK, One JVM can use multiple QCFs, and those QCFs should be logically point to different QMs and Respective Set of Queues in MQ.
When it comes to MQ, the objects such as Queue (can be shared in a cluster) and when application connects to a QM and does operations(open/put/get etc.) on a queue, it then be handled by Cluster.
Ya.. But when we talk about the cells or clusters at application end., then I have least visibility over there.
But logically, things should work if setup is unique (no duplicate settings).
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If you are using the WAS Admin settings then, i think, in WebSphere MQ messaging provider , there you can find the settings. And it provides the Help contents there only.
{For applications., WAS Admin. window, I dont have right now on my system But i tried to recall the settings and location of that.}
Vitor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Mr Butcher wrote:
are you talking about hardware cluster or mqseries cluster?

Or indeed a WAS cluster?
Vitor
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: MQ in clustered environment Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

visamal wrote:
Do we need to control this from application or any other way.

Depending on what kind of cluster you mean, the answer to this question is probably no.

visamal wrote:
I tried with Google and IBM site, I am not able to find any useful info.

Your copy of Google is broken; I turned up loads of stuff. I suggest you reinstall Google and try again.
WMBDEV1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: MQ in clustered environment Reply with quote

Sentinel

Vitor wrote:

Your copy of Google is broken; I turned up loads of stuff. I suggest you reinstall Google and try again.

I tried looking for a guide on how to do this (again through google) but could not find anything. I guess my copy is broken also. Drat
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: MQ in clustered environment Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

WMBDEV1 wrote:
Vitor wrote:

I tried looking for a guide on how to do this (again through google) but could not find anything. I guess my copy is broken also. Drat

You couldn't turn up anything on "hardware clustering", "WMQ clustering", "WAS clustering" or the combination of these technologies via QCF? What search terms have you tried?

WMBDEV1
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: MQ in clustered environment Reply with quote

Sentinel

Vitor wrote:
WMBDEV1 wrote:
Vitor wrote:

You couldn't turn up anything on "hardware clustering", "WMQ clustering", "WAS clustering" or the combination of these technologies via QCF? What search terms have you tried?

No..... I was looking for the guide to reinstall google and upon not finding it, determinee that my google was broken also! Never mind just trying to lighten up a Monday morning
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: MQ in clustered environment Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

WMBDEV1 wrote:
No..... I was looking for the guide to reinstall google and upon not finding it, determinee that my google was broken also! Never mind just trying to lighten up a Monday morning

Gosh am I embarassed.............

Picked the wrong week to give up the caffine (again)

(On the premise there's no right week to give up the caffine)
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: MQ in clustered environment Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
WMBDEV1 wrote:

Picked the wrong week to give up the caffine (again)

(On the premise there's no right week to give up the caffine)

What are you doing.. thats the only catalyst..to keep our nerves active.

Anyway.. adding some more info. that I said earlier about...
In WAS (I am running on assumption that the poster is talking about it.)
{Under Admin Console}
Resources > JMS Provider > Websphere MQ > Websphere MQ QCF, Websphere MQ Queue Destination etc. can be found and the settings out there can be done easily in cell/node level.
[Help about the fields is given in there in the help panel.]

You can check the 'Console' of that 'Server' for the errors/exceptions when you try to boot the jvm/server and make a connection to QM using qcf.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » MQ in clustered environment
Jump to: