ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ explorer 9.1 does not detect local queues

MQ explorer 9.1 does not detect local queues « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
paludnevicius
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:12 am    Post subject: MQ explorer 9.1 does not detect local queues Reply with quote

Hello, I have installed IBM MQ server 9.1 under different account than I was currently logged on, lets call it MQAdmin.
I have also configured IBM MQ service to run as MQAdmin account.
I open MQ explorer as MQAdmin, I am able to create local QM.
But when I try to create local queue, I can not because " There is no system default object for this type of object. Select an existing object from which to copy the attributes for the new object."
I have granted all access to user MQAdmin to folder: C:\ProgramData\IBM\
and its subfolders like: C:\ProgramData\IBM\MQ\qmgrs\QM1\queues
but still MQ explorer can not read any system queues under this folder.

PS: SYSTEM and other queues exists under C:\ProgramData\IBM\MQ\qmgrs\QM1\queues folder

Please help, how can I make MQ explorer to get access to that folder? What am I missing?

PS: Added user access to C:\Program Files\IBM folder where MQ explorer is installed, but still nothing
paludnevicius
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: MQ explorer 9.1 does not detect local queues Reply with quote

http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=31848&sid=d6931f5a7ad76b9f4cd3407468c68d7f
Issue I was having is resolved here
I had to manually change CCSID to 850 and restart QM.
Now it works. So issue was with CSID 775.
paludnevicius wrote:
Hello, I have installed IBM MQ server 9.1 under different account than I was currently logged on, lets call it MQAdmin.
I have also configured IBM MQ service to run as MQAdmin account.
I open MQ explorer as MQAdmin, I am able to create local QM.
But when I try to create local queue, I can not because " There is no system default object for this type of object. Select an existing object from which to copy the attributes for the new object."
I have granted all access to user MQAdmin to folder: C:\ProgramData\IBM\
and its subfolders like: C:\ProgramData\IBM\MQ\qmgrs\QM1\queues
but still MQ explorer can not read any system queues under this folder.

PS: SYSTEM and other queues exists under C:\ProgramData\IBM\MQ\qmgrs\QM1\queues folder

Please help, how can I make MQ explorer to get access to that folder? What am I missing?

PS: Added user access to C:\Program Files\IBM folder where MQ explorer is installed, but still nothing

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ explorer 9.1 does not detect local queues
Jump to: