ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Mainframe MQ generate ServiceNow ticket from alert z/os

Mainframe MQ generate ServiceNow ticket from alert z/os « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
cicsprog
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Mainframe MQ generate ServiceNow ticket from alert z/os Reply with quote

Partisan

Has anyone developed a simple way to create a ServiceNow ticket via MQ for a MQ alert, say a Q depth alert? I’d like to do this for mainframe MQ alerts.

Appreciate any help. Prefer not to reinvent the wheel.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Research Queue DEPTH EVENTS - a local queue attribute. When the depth is specified (as a percentage) is reached, an event message is put to the performance event queue.

Most of the common monitoring tools can watch for event messages, and take appropriate action.
cicsprog
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

right...but ServiceNow(SN) piece is the question. SN is a Change Management, Problem Record, etc management software - most prevalent these day. I just want to send the alert to it maybe using MQ and open an Incident Record to the app via MQ.

There are some Java PGMs (via USS or CICS) and SMPT(SMPTNOTE) ways to do it, but it would be nice if there was an MQ way to do it. Just asking if anyone has done it. This client using TMON suite.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

A quick google search (is that redundant?) for servicenow+z/os+ibm+mq resulted in this old item: https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_question&sys_id=35bbd4f81b963f00d01143f6fe4bcbba

I'd suggest contacting servicenow folks for an update.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

IBM Tivoli MQ monitoring + IBM Tivoli Omnibus allows integration with ServiceNow to generate Incident tickets. Not sure if its available for z/OS, but it certainly works on AIX, Linux, Windows at least. Don't ask me how it works!
johnwick6
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject: GUEST POST Reply with quote

i have a need to monitor fte transfers between agents and we have a lot. Have a subscription to the topic(s), parse and write to mongo and have a UI around it to search for transfers. this seems to work.

MALIK66
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: GUEST POST Reply with quote

Jedi

johnwick6 wrote:
i have a need to monitor fte transfers between agents and we have a lot. Have a subscription to the topic(s), parse and write to mongo and have a UI around it to search for transfers. this seems to work.
MALIK66

I'm not sure how relevant your response is to this thread, but its worth mentioning their are ISV products that do this (eg. MQAttach).
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

gbaddeley wrote:
IBM Tivoli MQ monitoring + IBM Tivoli Omnibus allows integration with ServiceNow to generate Incident tickets. Not sure if its available for z/OS, but it certainly works on AIX, Linux, Windows at least. Don't ask me how it works!

Alerts from Omegamon MQ reach Tivoli ESM and can be handled like alerts from any other OS.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Mainframe MQ generate ServiceNow ticket from alert z/os
Jump to: