ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » java.nio.invalidpathexception in MQ FTE

java.nio.invalidpathexception in MQ FTE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
petervh1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:27 am    Post subject: java.nio.invalidpathexception in MQ FTE Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi all

MQ level p920-004-211027

I'm seeing the following when I try to transfer a file from Windows to AIX:

Code:

Class: com.ibm.wmqfte.thread.FTEThread
Instance: e1c24039
Method: uncaughtException
Probe: ABEND_001
Cause: java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: /IND_share/MB/transitin/xxxxxx-'xxxxx ? COMPLETED PO
- 59615_97016223Feb22.pdf'
java.nio.file.InvalidPathException: Malformed input or input contains unmappable characters: /IND_share/MB/transitin/xxxxxx-'xxxxx ? COMPLETED PO - 59615_9701
6223Feb22.pdf'
at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.encode(UnixPath.java:162)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixPath.<init>(UnixPath.java:86)
at sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystem.getPath(UnixFileSystem.java:294)
at java.io.File.toPath(File.java:2282)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileImpl.delete(FTEFileImpl.java:689)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileImpl.renameTo(FTEFileImpl.java:779)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileChannelImpl.complete(FTEFileChannelImpl.java:593)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileChannelImpl.close(FTEFileChannelImpl.java:528)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.transfer.frame.impl.TransferFrameReceiverImpl$ChunkProcessor.processCloseFileRequest(TransferFrameReceiverImpl.java:144)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.transfer.frame.impl.TransferFrameIOWorker.doWorkImpl(TransferFrameIOWorker.java:287)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileIOWorker.doWork(FTEFileIOWorker.java:118)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileIORequestQueue.run(FTEFileIORequestQueue.java:244)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:825)
at com.ibm.wmqfte.thread.FTEThread.run(FTEThread.java:70)
Stack ids:
com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileChannelImpl.$sccsid=@(#) MQMBID sn=p920-004-211027 su=_z914pTdCEeygWfM06SbNXw pn=com.ibm.wmqfte.io/src/com/ibm/wmqfte/io/impl/
FTEFileChannelImpl.java
com.ibm.wmqfte.transfer.frame.impl.TransferFrameIOWorker.$sccsid=@(#) MQMBID sn=p920-004-211027 su=_z914pTdCEeygWfM06SbNXw pn=com.ibm.wmqfte.agent/src/com/i
bm/wmqfte/transfer/frame/impl/TransferFrameIOWorker.java
com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileImpl.$sccsid=@(#) MQMBID sn=p920-004-211027 su=_z914pTdCEeygWfM06SbNXw pn=com.ibm.wmqfte.io/src/com/ibm/wmqfte/io/impl/FTEFile
Impl.java
com.ibm.wmqfte.transfer.frame.impl.TransferFrameReceiverImpl$ChunkProcessor.$sccsid=@(#) MQMBID sn=p920-004-211027 su=_z914pTdCEeygWfM06SbNXw pn=com.ibm.wmq
fte.agent/src/com/ibm/wmqfte/transfer/frame/impl/TransferFrameIOWorker.java
com.ibm.wmqfte.thread.FTEThread.$sccsid=@(#) MQMBID sn=p920-004-211027 su=_z914pTdCEeygWfM06SbNXw pn=com.ibm.wmqfte.common/src/com/ibm/wmqfte/thread/FTEThre
ad.java
com.ibm.wmqfte.io.impl.FTEFileIOWorker.$sccsid=@(#) MQMBID sn=p920-004-211027 su=_z914pTdCEeygWfM06SbNXw pn=com.ibm.wmqfte.io/src/com/ibm/wmqfte/io/impl/FTE
FileIOWorker.java
Arg[0]: Thread[FileIOWorker-1:0,5,main]

It looks as though the problem occurs when the Windows file name contains a long en dash (Alt 0151). Tis somehow gets changed to a quesion mark in the AIX file name.

I've checked the /etc/environment file. The relevant section contains:

Code:

LANG=C

The output from locale -a is:

Code:

LANG=C
LC_COLLATE="C"
LC_CTYPE="C"
LC_MONETARY="C"
LC_NUMERIC="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_ALL=

and the output from locale charmap is

Code:

ISO8859-1

I posted these because I was unsure as to whether I need to install a language pack.

Other file transfers work fine.

A similar file transfer using WinSCP also works fine when the Windows file has an en dash in the file name.

Thanks in advance
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Its failing in a Java base class java.nio.file.
I don't think FTE/MFT can do character conversion on path names.
WinSCP is not a Java app, so its quite possible that path behavior will be different.

Change the long en dash to a normal ASCII dash. You should not use Windows special characters if the path name is going to be referenced by a FTE/MFT agent running on a UNIX platform.
Unless this usage is documented by IBM, the results may be unpredictable (fail, or changed to some other UNIX character).
petervh1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Can you give me some kind of reference for your statement:

Quote:

You should not use Windows special characters if the path name is going to be referenced by a FTE/MFT agent running on a UNIX platform

I'd like to use this as evidence to my customer.

Thanks
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ibm-mq/9.2?topic=commands-ftecreatetransfer-start-new-file-transfer

Quote:
-dd destination_directory
Optional. The name of the directory the file is transferred to. Specify a valid directory name on the system where the destination agent is running.

I interpret this to mean that the directory name (and file name) need to be valid on the destination. A directory / file name that contains Windows special characters (single byte, not ASCII, not UTF eight) will most likely not be valid on UNIX systems.

The source directory / file specification is a bit more lucid:

Quote:
source_specification
Each file specification must be in one of the following categories:
File names
The name of a file, expressed in the appropriate notation for the system where the source agent is running.
Directories
The name of a directory, expressed in the appropriate notation for the system where the source agent is running.

I imagine the destination specification would have similar constraints. It needs to be "appropriate" for the OS.

HTH

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » java.nio.invalidpathexception in MQ FTE
Jump to: