ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Agent code page question

Agent code page question « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
anil kumar
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject: Agent code page question Reply with quote

Voyager

we are seeing a situation

We are using Queue to File transfer on IBM i.

When agent posting file to IFS folder it is posting with code page 819 , and all files transferred to IFS folder are simply staying there and i series application is not picking them up from the folders.

IBM i admin says fiels posted with ccsid 819 are causing issue in picking up files , he advised to put files with ccsid 850.

i have updated the agent with below confi

he maximum amount of memory that the Java virtual machine will attempt to use is: '2048'MB
ICU4J version: 60.2.0.0
Properties:
agentCcsid=00850, agentCcsidName=IBM850 , agentDesc=, agentName=AGT.MFT, agentQMgr=MYQM.MFT
coordinationQMgr=MYQM.MFT, defaultProperties=MYQM.MFT, enableQueueInputOutput=true
maxInputOutputMessageLength=4194304
Install Locations:

IBM MQ Managed File Transfer Data Path: '/QIBM/UserData/mqm/mqft'

i have restarted the agent after below setting.

my expectation is if i set agentCcsid=00850 then mq mft agent running on the ibm i will post files to IFS folder with CCSID 850.

i have updated the agent ccsid but i still see files going with CCSID 819.

how to make/force MQ MFT agent to post files to destination folder with CCSID 850
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Agent code page question Reply with quote

Poobah

anil kumar wrote:
... i series application is not picking them up from the folders.

Please be more precise. What symptoms? What error does the app throw?

anil kumar wrote:
IBM i admin says fiels posted with ccsid 819 are causing issue in picking up files
What evidence does the admin offer for this?

Can you browse the folder and files? Is the source data the same as the destination data?
anil kumar
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Bruce ,

thank for the reply.

IBM i app admin only said there is a problem with your files they are coming with 819.

Also i can browse and see files using FileZilla FTP and able to see contents.

i have opened them using System i navigator below
Quote:
Filename : MyFile.txt
File format : Type 2 stream file
Code page character set id : 819 No description available

A few hours later we got this update

Quote:

The QMQM account profile on Prod has a different CCSID that UAT.

On Prod it is explicitly set in the account profile to 37 (US)
On UAT it uses a system level derived value which is 65535 (no conversion)

These are IBM operating system or licence program supplied accounts, so it’s difficult to understand why they would not both be the same value.

In above case agent level CCSID settings will be overridden by profile CCSID setting.?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

gbaddeley
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Agent code page question Reply with quote

Jedi

anil kumar wrote:
When agent posting file to IFS folder it is posting with code page 819 , and all files transferred to IFS folder are simply staying there and i series application is not picking them up from the folders.
IBM i admin says fiels posted with ccsid 819 are causing issue in picking up files , he advised to put files with ccsid 850....

Is this a new file transfer interface, or has issue started on an existing interface?
Is a binary format or text format transfer?
ccsid 850 is a really old dos / windows code page with customised graphics characters for ms-dos. Do you really want to be using this on IBMi?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Agent code page question Reply with quote

Poobah

anil kumar wrote:

What does this mean?

Are you FTing within one iSeries image? Between two different iSeries images? Another platform? Windows/Linux?
anil kumar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

bruce2359 wrote:

He said there was a internal application issue due to miss config in some code to change the character set from 819 to 850 " so it was some configuration issue on IBM i.

When the MQ MFT agent places files with CCSID 819 application on IBM i failed in handling data.

He said to correct this in the next deployment.

Quote:
Are you FTing within one iSeries image? Between two different iSeries images? Another platform? Windows/Linux?

Yeah Bruce we are FTing within same i series image , a Queue manager will act as Gateway to IBM i(for small set of interfaces)

Queue to File - (different applications will send Messages to a queue are read from local queue and posted to IFS as files using MFT Agent.
File to Queue : Agent to monitor IFS folders and post matching files to a local Q(then remoted to another queue on different host)

Last edited by anil kumar on Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
anil kumar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Agent code page question Reply with quote

Voyager

gbaddeley wrote:
anil kumar wrote:
IBM i admin says fiels posted with ccsid 819 are causing issue in picking up files , he advised to put files with ccsid 850....

Is this a new file transfer interface, or has issue started on an existing interface?
Is a binary format or text format transfer?
ccsid 850 is a really old dos / windows code page with customised graphics characters for ms-dos
. Do you really want to be using this on IBMi?

Hi gbaddeley
This is a new setup we are just starting off with it.

I have identified two issues so far.

1. User profile issue(OS related) , CCSID on profile is wrongly configured.
2. Internal application issue in handling CCSID 819 , which we identified today.

I tried with Both Binary and text file transfer(tried setting dce(destination_character_encoding) , sce encoding options(source_character_encoding) ) but above two are the actual issues.

Yeah at this point we need to use 850 going forward i think we need update.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Agent code page question
Jump to: