ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » ACE 11.0.0.10 Dev: how to deploy a Mon Profile with Int API?

ACE 11.0.0.10 Dev: how to deploy a Mon Profile with Int API? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
john.ormerod
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: ACE 11.0.0.10 Dev: how to deploy a Mon Profile with Int API? Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have a Java app for IIB 10, that creates a Monitoring Profile xml file from a msgflowand its subflows, using the discovered topology of the flows.

Deploying it, makes use of com.ibm.broker.config.proxy.ConfigurableService class.
(As Config services have been replaced by Policies, this class hasn't been included in the deprecated com.ibm.broker.config.proxy classes)

Can anyone give me some guidance on doing this using Policies?

Below is an outline of the steps I go through using BrokerProxy ('intNodeProxy') and MsgflowProxy classes, to apply new and changed profiles - and then activate monitoring.
Note: 'profileAsXml' is the profile as an XML string.

Code:
// Delete the Configurable Service, if it exists
deleteConfigurableService(intNodeProxy, profileName,
// Create the Configurable Service
createConfigurableService(intNodeProxy, profileName,
// Associate Monitoring Profile with the configurable service
modifyConfigurableService(intNodeProxy, profileName, "profileProperties", profileAsXml,
// Apply Configurable Service to Message Flow
modifyMessageFlowProperty(intNodeProxy, messageFlowProxy, "This/monitoringProfile", profileName,
// Activate flow monitoring
modifyMessageFlowProperty(intNodeProxy, messageFlowProxy, "This/monitoring", "active",

Within my methods for Config Svcs the code uses:
Code:
intNodeProxy.createConfigurableService(MONITORING_PROFILES, serviceName);

or
Code:
intNodeProxy.getConfigurableService(MONITORING_PROFILES, serviceName);

For changing msgflow properties
Code:
messageFlowProxy.setRuntimeProperty(propertyName, propertyValue);

I hope I've provided enough information. I can expand if requested.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...There is a PolicyGenerator class in the Integration API which takes in FlowProxy and BrokerProxy as inputs

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTTDS_11.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.cmp.doc/index.html?view=embed
martinb
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi John,

As per you other posts related to this, in ACE v11 Monitoring Profiles are a type of Policy.

As such in ACE v11 you would create a BAR file containing your Monitoring profile XML in a file with a ".monprofile.xml" extension, and placed in a Policy project (has a policy.descriptor).

Then the Policy project containing the Monitoring profile can simply be deployed as you would any BAR.

HTH

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » ACE 11.0.0.10 Dev: how to deploy a Mon Profile with Int API?
Jump to: