ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a conn

BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a conn « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
petervh1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:40 am    Post subject: BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a conn Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi

I'm trying to connect to and write to a remote Oracle DB from an ACE flow. The ACE flow runs in an OpenShift container.

I ran the following successfully:

Code:
sh-4.4$ mqsisetdbparms -w  /home/aceuser/ace-server -n ESBDB -u uafresb -p xxx

Code:
sh-4.4$ mqsicvp -n ESBDB -u uafresb -p xxx
BIP8290I: Verification passed for the ODBC environment.

BIP8270I: Connected to Datasource 'ESBDB' as user 'UAFRESB'. The datasource platform is 'Oracle', version '12.02.0000 Oracle 12.2.0.1.0'.
===========================

I then ran a trace on my flow, with the following result:
Code:
2020-10-01 12:14:34.711296      164  UserTrace   BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a connection to dat
a source 'ESBDB' of type 'ODBC' using userid 'mqsiUser'.
The integration node detected an error while attempting to obtain a connection to data source 'ESBDB' of type 'ODBC' wit
h userid 'mqsiUser'. If your integration node is running on z/OS, it is possible for the userid to be blank, which resul
ts in a connection attempt using the userid of the started task.
See the following messages for details of the error, or use the mqsicvp command to verify the database configuration.
2020-10-01 12:14:34.711328      164  UserTrace   BIP2393E: Database error: ODBC return code '-1' from data source 'ESBDB
' using ODBC driver manager '/opt/ibm/ace-11/ie02/lib/libodbcinterface.so'.
The integration node received an error when processing a database operation. The ODBC return code was '-1'. See the foll
owing messages for information obtained from the database about this error.
Use the following messages to determine the cause of the error. Typical problems are an incorrect data source, or table
names. Correct either the database or the integration node configuration. Use the mqsicvp command to test connectivity t
o this database.
2020-10-01 12:14:34.711376      164  UserTrace   BIP2322E: Database error: SQL State '46'; Native Error Code '1017'; Err
or Text '[unixODBC][IBM][ODBC 20101 driver][20101]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied'.

Why does the trace report a userid of 'mqsiUser' for the connection attempt?

Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a co Reply with quote

Knight

petervh1 wrote:

Why does the trace report a userid of 'mqsiUser' for the connection attempt?

hi...restarted the node/integration server after running mqsisetdbparms?
petervh1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I tried running the mqsisetdbparms as in my initial post, and then scaling the pod to 0 and then back to 1. If I then run mqsireportdbparms I get:
Code:

sh-4.4$ mqsireportdbparms -w  /home/aceuser/ace-server -n ESBDB -u uafresb -p xxx
BIP8208W: No resources found with resource name 'ESBDB'.

So, working on the basis that I need to rerun the mqsisetdbparms every time I scale the pod to 1, I reran mqsisetdbparms and then immediately ran mqsireportdbparms. This time I get:
Code:

sh-4.4$ mqsisetdbparms -w  /home/aceuser/ace-server -n ESBDB -u uafresb -p xxx
BIP8071I: Successful command completion.
sh-4.4$ mqsireportdbparms -w  /home/aceuser/ace-server -n ESBDB -u uafresb -p xxx
BIP8180I: The resource name 'ESBDB' has userID 'uafresb'.
BIP8201I: The password you entered, 'xxx' for resource 'ESBDB' and userId 'uafresb' is correct.
BIP8206I: The Integration node is not running and may not have been restarted since the last change made by the mqsisetdbparms command.

As before, the trace shows:
Code:

The integration node detected an error whilst processing a message in node 'Datalogger_Common.Compute'. An exception h
as been thrown to cut short the processing of the message.
See the following messages for details of the error.
2020-10-02 10:30:26.332770      193  UserTrace   BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a connection to d
ata source 'ESBDB' of type 'ODBC' using userid 'mqsiUser'.
The integration node detected an error while attempting to obtain a connection to data source 'ESBDB' of type 'ODBC' w
ith userid 'mqsiUser'. If your integration node is running on z/OS, it is possible for the userid to be blank, which r
esults in a connection attempt using the userid of the started task.
See the following messages for details of the error, or use the mqsicvp command to verify the database configuration.
2020-10-02 10:30:26.332814      193  UserTrace   BIP2393E: Database error: ODBC return code '-1' from data source 'ESB
DB' using ODBC driver manager '/opt/ibm/ace-11/ie02/lib/libodbcinterface.so'.
The integration node received an error when processing a database operation. The ODBC return code was '-1'. See the fo
llowing messages for information obtained from the database about this error.
Use the following messages to determine the cause of the error. Typical problems are an incorrect data source, or tabl
e names. Correct either the database or the integration node configuration. Use the mqsicvp command to test connectivi
ty to this database.
2020-10-02 10:30:26.332872      193  UserTrace   BIP2322E: Database error: SQL State '46'; Native Error Code '1017'; E
rror Text '[unixODBC][IBM][ODBC 20101 driver][20101]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied'.
The error has the following diagnostic information:     SQL State             '46'     SQL Native Error Code '1017'
  SQL Error Text        '[unixODBC][IBM][ODBC 20101 driver][20101]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied'
This message may be accompanied by other messages describing the effect on the integration node itself. Use the reason
 identified in this message with the accompanying messages to determine the cause of the error. Use the mqsicvp comman
d to test connectivity to this database.

As before, the mqsicvp shows:
Code:

sh-4.4$ mqsicvp -n ESBDB -u uafresb -p uafresb

BIP8270I: Connected to Datasource 'ESBDB' as user 'UAFRESB'. The datasource platform is 'Oracle', version '12.02.0000Oracle 12.2.0.1.0'.
===========================

Can anyone assist?
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

How is the storage arranged in OpenShift?

Remember that the credentials are stored in the depths of /var/mqsi so if there's anything odd about how that's being set up, initialized or shared as you scale up and down you could well see this sort of effect.
bdrummond
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I have a similar issue to this but on a Linux server and not a container.

Error in the user trace is as follows:

Code:
2021-05-18 11:31:20.635348    60098  UserTrace   BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a connection to data source 'COPS_DB' of type 'ODBC' using userid 'mqsiUser'.
The integration node detected an error while attempting to obtain a connection to data source 'COPS_DB' of type 'ODBC' with userid 'mqsiUser'. If your integration node is running on z/OS, it is possible for the userid to be blank, which results in a connection attempt using the userid of the started task.
2021-05-18 11:31:20.635478    60098  UserTrace   BIP2393E: Database error: ODBC return code '-1' from data source 'COPS_DB' using ODBC driver manager '/opt/ibm/ace-11.0.0.6/ie02/lib/libodbcinterface.so'.
The integration node received an error when processing a database operation. The ODBC return code was '-1'. See the following messages for information obtained from the database about this error.
Use the following messages to determine the cause of the error. Typical problems are an incorrect data source, or table names. Correct either the database or the integration node configuration. Use the mqsicvp command to test connectivity to this database.
2021-05-18 11:31:20.635522    60098  UserTrace   BIP2322E: Database error: SQL State '28000'; Native Error Code '1017'; Error Text '[unixODBC][IBM][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied'.
The error has the following diagnostic information:     SQL State             '28000'     SQL Native Error Code '1017'     SQL Error Text        '[unixODBC][IBM][ODBC Oracle Wire Protocol driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied'
This message may be accompanied by other messages describing the effect on the integration node itself. Use the reason identified in this message with the accompanying messages to determine the cause of the error. Use the mqsicvp command to test connectivity to this database.

However, when running the mqsicvp command, I see the following:

Code:
mqsicvp QTB9IN -n COPS_DB
BIP8299I: User 'COPS_USER' from security resource name 'cops_db' will be used for the connection to datasource 'COPS_DB'.

BIP8270I: Connected to Datasource 'COPS_DB' as user 'COPS_USER'. The datasource platform is 'Oracle', version '12.01.0000 Oracle 12.1.0.2.0'.

So for some reason, it looks like the flow is not registering the fact that the DB connection has been set up correctly and with a valid username/password.

This happens on 2 pre-production environments. The Integration Servers have been reloaded and the BAR file re-deployed but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

bdrummond wrote:

Code:
2021-05-18 11:31:20.635348    60098  UserTrace   BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a connection to data source 'COPS_DB' of type 'ODBC' using userid 'mqsiUser'.

BIP8270I: Connected to Datasource 'COPS_DB' as user 'COPS_USER'. The datasource platform is 'Oracle', version '12.01.0000 Oracle 12.1.0.2.0'.

hi...if you look closely you will notice that mqsicvp is using user name as 'COPS_USER' which works but the flow seems to be using 'mqsiUser'...try fixing this and see...
bdrummond
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for your reply. I did notice the difference in user and that is what I was trying to resolve as nowhere in the flow was 'mqsiUser' referenced.
After a lot of testing and liaising with IBM, the issue was due to an uppercase/lowercase set of values used for 'mqsisetdbparms' that had worked with v11 of Oracle but not v12.

I had to delete the DB connection details with the mqsisetdbparms -d command and then recreate it ensuring uppercase was used throughout.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » BIP2348E: Error detected while attempting to obtain a conn
Jump to: