ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » ACE11 import project command line

ACE11 import project command line « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
petmor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: ACE11 import project command line Reply with quote

Apprentice

I'm running the ACE11 toolkit (11.0.0.9) on MacOS. To import an existing project into the workspace I normally run "File->Import->General->Existing projects into workspace". But can anyone point me to a way to accomplish the project import from the command line? Any example, either Windows or MacOS, would help a lot.

The following two approaches aren't working.

open Eclipse.app -a /path/to/project

The following is unusable since the "headlessbuild" plugin apparently isn't part of ACE11.

open "/path/to/Eclipse.app" -nosplash -data /path/to/workspace -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -import /path/to/project
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Don't know about the headless build, but using mqsicreatebar will import the mentioned project before building the bar....
petmor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

My goal was to create a bar and I was finally able to do that from the command line outside of the workspace by copying the .metadata folder to a level parallel to my work area.

"/path/to/mqsicreatebar" -data /path/to/metadata/parent/dir -b /path/to/my.bar -o path/to/my.msgflow -p project

The project is still not visible in the ACE11 toolkit Application Development view, but as long as I can create the bar my immediate objective is accomplished. Does copying the .metadata dir outside of the formal workspace violate any best practices?

Thank you fjb_saper for your input!
timber
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You might want to look at using mqsipackagebar instead of mqsicreatebar. There are some restrictions, but they don't affect most projects. It is much faster because it does start a headless instance of the toolkit every time you invoke it.
Not for everybody, but I always look for opportunities to use it.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

petmor wrote:
My goal was to create a bar and I was finally able to do that from the command line outside of the workspace by copying the .metadata folder to a level parallel to my work area.

"/path/to/mqsicreatebar" -data /path/to/metadata/parent/dir -b /path/to/my.bar -o path/to/my.msgflow -p project

The project is still not visible in the ACE11 toolkit Application Development view, but as long as I can create the bar my immediate objective is accomplished. Does copying the .metadata dir outside of the formal workspace violate any best practices?

Thank you fjb_saper for your input!

AFAIK you don't need the .metadata. It gets generated while running mqsicreatebar...
petmor
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

My focus now is to create ACE11 deployable applications, and to accomplish that I've found that mqsipackagebar works best. Sample command line invoked within Jenkins is pasted below. Omit the -y option and its argument if there are no application dependencies.

sh "'/Applications/IBM App Connect Enterprise.app/Contents/mqsi/ace' mqsipackagebar -a /path/to/bar/${flow}.bar -w /path/to/project -k ${application} -y ${dependencies}"

Thanks again timber and fjb_saper.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » ACE11 import project command line
Jump to: