ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Regarding Bar File Properties

Regarding Bar File Properties « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sarathkumar1988
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:36 am    Post subject: Regarding Bar File Properties Reply with quote

Hi all, Can you help in my below query.

I have created a bar file (say on Jan 2) and i have applied override on the bar file(modified bar) (say on Jan 4). When i deploy this modified bar through toolkit in EG i see as Jan 4. The created bar(Jan 2), if just modify the properties and save the bar file it will show the present date but when i deploy in EG it will show as Jan 2.

Is there any command for this to be achieved? like the way toolkit is achieving.
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...sorry, are you asking whether it is possible to check by a command the 'Deployment Time' and 'Last Modified' properties of deployed artefacts?
sarathkumar1988
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@abhi_thri
I m looking for the command to achieve the same timestamp that a save of a bar file does in toolkit
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Have you tried running the apply bar override without specifying an output bar i.e. against the existing bar file? I believe this would preserve the created date.
sarathkumar1988
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@fjb_saper

Thanks for the response. No Luck. I have tried applying override over the existing barfile. When i deployed this bar file in EG through toolkit, it is showing the last modified(when the applyoverride date) has been done.
timber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Why does the date matter so much. For me, the important information is the tag or commit id from which the BAR file was built. That should be in the keywords.txt.
sarathkumar1988
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The requirement is in such a way that, they should know the date of the bar file. So that they can refer to this bar file as and when required
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

sarathkumar1988 wrote:
The requirement is in such a way that, they should know the date of the bar file. So that they can refer to this bar file as and when required

You should revise the requirement. The bar file is not important because, if you have a correct source control system, you should be able to rebuild it, at any time. What it important, is to refer to the source control tag from which it was built!
Have fun
Vitor
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

fjb_saper wrote:
sarathkumar1988 wrote:

You should revise the requirement. The bar file is not important because, if you have a correct source control system, you should be able to rebuild it, at any time. What it important, is to refer to the source control tag from which it was built!

The bar file is simply a deployment mechanism. There's no explicit correlation between a bar file and what it contains; the bar file name & contents are arbitrary. There's no reason why you couldn't build a bar file called bar.bar every time and deploy that.

The explicit (and useful) correlation is the source tag it was build from, as mentioned above.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Regarding Bar File Properties
Jump to: