ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Error starting IIIB Node while Configuring IIB v10 for HA

Error starting IIIB Node while Configuring IIB v10 for HA « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
madrox
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Error starting IIIB Node while Configuring IIB v10 for HA Reply with quote

Acolyte

I am trying to configure IIB v10 on linux for HA (dual active) and was able to set up the qmgr on both servers one following the kc
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.con.doc/q018300_.html
and on server 2 after iib install ran the command for instance of broker
Code:
mqsiaddbrokerinstance iibnode -e /mqha/iib

I started the QM on server 1 with command and i see it running on both servers
Code:
strmqm -x QM1

but when i try to start the broker i get a message saying the
Quote:
BIP8059E: Command has failed because the component's Queue Manager is not available.
The command has failed because the Queue Manager associated with the component is currently unavailable.
Reissue the command after the queue manager has been restarted.

please advice
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

did you add the broker's service id to the local mqm group? on both servers?
did you add the mqm user to the mqbrkrs group on both servers?
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

So you started QM1 on Server 1, where it will be running as the active instance, started QM1 on Server 2, where it will be running as the standby instance, then tried to connect a Broker on Server 2 to it?

I ask for clarification because that's what's implied in your statement: "...I started the QM on server 1...on server 2 after iib install ran the command for instance of broker..."

Thank you.
madrox
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Quote:

I don't know how could you elaborate. I have not done this on linux before.

Quote:

I see mqm on the mqbrkrs group on both servers when i run the command
Code:
getent group mqbrkrs
madrox
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

exerk wrote:
So you started QM1 on Server 1, where it will be running as the active instance, started QM1 on Server 2, where it will be running as the standby instance, then tried to connect a Broker on Server 2 to it?

I ask for clarification because that's what's implied in your statement: "...I started the QM on server 1...on server 2 after iib install ran the command for instance of broker..."

Thank you.

Sorry if i confused you. So i started the QM on server 1 and 2 and they are running.
When i try to start the broker on server 1 first and server 2 second i get the same message
Quote:
BIP8059E: Command has failed because the component's Queue Manager is not available.
The command has failed because the Queue Manager associated with the component is currently unavailable.
Reissue the command after the queue manager has been restarted.
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

And you followed every instruction in this KNOWLEDGE CENTRE article?
madrox
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

fjb_saper wrote:

I saw your post on another thread how do you do this?
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=74625&sid=3291d3372a140ee0d40afa79ee75dc45
Quote:
The service id needs to be part of the local mqm and mqbrokers groups on both nodes!... and for a multi-instance qmgr / broker you should use domain accounts and not the SYSTEM account that is local and has a different SID on each box! ...
madrox
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

exerk wrote:
And you followed every instruction in this KNOWLEDGE CENTRE article?

Yes, it is at step # 7 where the broker is not starting.
However i have a question on step #2
Quote:
On Linux and UNIX systems, create /HA/mqsi on the shared drive. Ensure that /HA/mqsi is owned by the mqbrkrs user and group, and has the access permissions rwx. The UID of the integration node user ID in /etc/passwd and the GID for mqbrkrs in /etc/group must be the same on each server.

I have no clue on how to verify this
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

From what you have posted it seems to me that you have little experience with the platform on which you are using, e.g. not knowing the basic OS commands to interrogate the system for file system ownership/permissions, or Group ID allocation. This is not a criticism of your ability, but strangers on the internet just posting the commands is not ideal - you have no way of verifying the validity of what is posted.

I suggest you engage a colleague that has that knowledge. That is a better option than relying on Google, as that colleague will be able to coach you.
madrox
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

exerk wrote:
From what you have posted it seems to me that you have little experience with the platform on which you are using, e.g. not knowing the basic OS commands to interrogate the system for file system ownership/permissions, or Group ID allocation. This is not a criticism of your ability, but strangers on the internet just posting the commands is not ideal - you have no way of verifying the validity of what is posted.

I suggest you engage a colleague that has that knowledge. That is a better option than relying on Google, as that colleague will be able to coach you.

Thank you for your suggestion!
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Quote:
On Linux and UNIX systems, create /HA/mqsi on the shared drive. Ensure that /HA/mqsi is owned by the mqbrkrs user and group, and has the access permissions rwx. The UID of the integration node user ID in /etc/passwd and the GID for mqbrkrs in /etc/group must be the same on each server.
If you are using an NFS v4 file server, add the following line to the /etc/exports file:
/HA * rw,sync,no_wdelay,fsid=)copy to clipboard
Start the NFS daemon by using the following command:
/etc/init.d/nfs start

You only posted the part about the file system. However the part about userid and group id is just as important. If it is not done right you will get permission errors.
madrox
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thank you all for you inputs. Turned out that i needed to create the mqha folders with the necessary accesses. Thanks again!
..but now i realized that i actually wanted to set this up with dual active and shared file system
anyone have any links for me to follow?
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

madrox wrote:
..but now i realized that i actually wanted to set this up with dual active and shared file system ...

Do you mean 'traditional' HA - single queue manager/IIB node with mountable file systems?
madrox
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

exerk wrote:
madrox wrote:
..but now i realized that i actually wanted to set this up with dual active and shared file system ...

Do you mean 'traditional' HA - single queue manager/IIB node with mountable file systems?

No i mean 2 queue managers 2 brokers, with F5. So i am assuming Queue managers will have to be clustered.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

madrox wrote:
No i mean 2 queue managers 2 brokers, with F5. So i am assuming Queue managers will have to be clustered.

That's a false assumption. If you have 2 brokers behind an F5 (so I assume both brokers are hosting the same endpoints and you're load balancing) then from a broker standpoint they have separate queue managers and no connection to each other.

Now if there's something more in your architecture, for example a need for either broker to service a reply to a query then you need to start thinking about some kind of shared storage of the query status. This still doesn't have anything to do with the broker software and doesn't immediately call for a queue manager cluster.

So can you just run 2 distinct brokers behind an F5? What exactly do you have going on?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Error starting IIIB Node while Configuring IIB v10 for HA
Jump to: