ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » CSQJ073E :MQOP LOG ARCHIVE UNIT ALLOCATION FAILED

CSQJ073E :MQOP LOG ARCHIVE UNIT ALLOCATION FAILED « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
srinivasan_89
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: CSQJ073E :MQOP LOG ARCHIVE UNIT ALLOCATION FAILED Reply with quote

We have offload enabled only in prod environment and we are getting the below error in MSTR log

CSQJ073E :MQOP LOG ARCHIVE UNIT ALLOCATION FAILED, 553
REASON CODE=0008. ALLOCATION OR OFFLOAD OF ARCHIVE LOG DATA SET MAY FAIL

Checked in google and for the RC0008 is referred to "Unit name has incorrect units assigned".

The unit mentioned was CART as archive goes in tape.

My question is will this error can be avoided if we increase the BLKSIZE as the archive BLKSIZE is given as 20480 in the PARM . Will it work if I increase the BLKSIZE to highest value 28 672.

Please correct me if the BLKSIZE is not related to this error. then pls suggest the solution for this error.

Note : This error doesn't harms the queue manager as it atomatically recovers and allocates the archive log.

Thanks,
Srini
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Unlikely that blocksize is related to this.

Has this worked before? What has changed?

What is specified for archive devices in CSQ6ARVP?

Is CART a valid device allocation name in the EDT? What device types does CART refer to?
srinivasan_89
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh! ok ...

Has this worked before? What has changed?

Am new to this account and not sure if this error occurred before ? MQ upgraded to V9.0 from v7.1 and still in Compatible mode.

What is specified for archive devices in CSQ6ARVP?
Parameter Initial value SET value
----------- ---------------------- ----------------------
UNIT CART
UNIT2 CART
ALCUNIT BLK
PRIQTY 4320
SECQTY 540
BLKSIZE 20480
ARCPFX1 MQ.PROD.ARCH1
ARCPFX2 MQ.PROD.ARCH2
TSTAMP YES
ARCRETN 15
ARCWTOR NO
ARCWRTC 1 ,3 ,4
CATALOG YES
COMPACT NO
PROTECT NO
QUIESCE 5

Is CART a valid device allocation name in the EDT? What device types does CART refer to?

Am not that good in storage side but I hope it refers to Tape Cartridges.
Also I could see in other accounts with same unit name as CART and running without any issues.

Also in a month we gonna apply the RSU and NFM for prod so shall I wait till the time or the BLKSIZE is the culprit here ?

Incase if I need to increase the BLKSIZE by SET ARCHIVE, what are all the things I need to follow before issuing the command so it will not impact the qmgr.

Thanks for your Response

Thanks,
Srini
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject: Re: CSQJ073E :MQOP LOG ARCHIVE UNIT ALLOCATION FAILED Reply with quote

Poobah

My google search for 'CSQJ073E REASON CODE 8' yielded this:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_7.0.1/com.ibm.mq.csqsao.doc/zm13950_.htm

Look at operators console SYSLOG to see activity around the time you get this error message. Contact a systems programmer if you are unfamiliar with MVS and MQ internals.

Did you make any changes to the archive parameters? Did this error occur on the 1st archive tape, 2nd tape?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » CSQJ073E :MQOP LOG ARCHIVE UNIT ALLOCATION FAILED
Jump to: