ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Event Monitoring schema.

Event Monitoring schema. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
chaitanyauk
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Event Monitoring schema. Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi experts,

I have enabled event monitoring with below command,

"mqsichangeflowmonitoring TEST -e default -k MyAppName -f MyMsgFlowName -c active"

I followed the steps from here:

Output of the event:
Quote:
<wmb:event xmlns:wmb="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/websphere/messagebroker/6.1.0/monitoring/event">
<wmb:eventPointData>
<wmb:eventData wmb:productVersion="10006" wmb:eventSchemaVersion="6.1.0.3" wmb:eventSourceAddress="Computenode.terminal.out">
<wmb:eventIdentity wmb:eventName="Computenode.OutTerminal"/>
<wmb:eventSequence wmb:creationTime="2017-10-13T11:29:39.903161Z" wmb:counter="2"/>
<wmb:eventCorrelation wmb:localTransactionId="701b0355-289c-47d6-bfb4-3362edcd6fb4-4" wmb:parentTransactionId="" wmb:globalTransactionId=""/>
</wmb:eventData>
<wmb:messageFlowData>
<wmb:broker wmb:name="TEST" wmb:UUID="f2138f0f-5d50-46d2-8620-61e818b2250c"/>
<wmb:executionGroup wmb:name="default" wmb:UUID="9ddde411-3422-42a8-a90f-17d031ed4cd8"/>
<wmb:messageFlow wmb:uniqueFlowName="TEST.default.MyAppName.MyMsgFlowName" wmb:name="MyMsgFlowName" wmb:UUID="40b275fd-40e7-472e-8fe8-ece16ed3c8ae" wmb:threadId="16656"/>
<wmb:node wmb:nodeLabel="Computenode" wmb:nodeType="ComIbmComputeNode" wmb:terminal="out"/>
</wmb:messageFlowData>
</wmb:eventPointData>
<wmb:bitstreamData>
<wmb:bitstream wmb:encoding="CDATA"><![CDATA[Some CDATA]]></wmb:bitstream>
</wmb:bitstreamData>
</wmb:event>

By default it is taking some schema. Is there any option to change the schema for event monitoring?

And each time I deploy the flow to the Integration server I need to execute the command to enable the event monitoring even if I am not changing anything related to monitoring. Is this a normal behavior?

Any input would be great.

Thanks
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I am unsure if
Code:
"xmlns:wmb="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/websphere/messagebroker/6.1.0/monitoring/event"

means that you are using version 6.1 of MB.

If it does, then you should investigate all of the changes in later versions of IIB, in particularly v10, and see if you get better answers to your question.

You appear to be using commands that know about applications and libraries, so you'd have to be at version 8 at least. That's good.

Slightly less importantly, the methods you have for working with events in IIB are fully described in the Knowledge Center. If it says you can cause messages to come out in a different schema, then you can. If it doesn't say that, then you can't. Likewise about how to keep event monitoring enabled.

Or there might be a simpler way to make sure event monitoring is enabled when a flow is deployed.

At a broader level, though.

If you have an XML document that is described by Schema a, can you tell it to use some Schema B? Will that help the sending program - that only knows about Schema A- create the message in schema B? Will it help the receiving program read the message described by Schema A using Schema B?

What if one field in Schema A uses [a-z0-9] and Schema B expects only [0-9]?
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
I am unsure if
Code:
"xmlns:wmb="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/websphere/messagebroker/6.1.0/monitoring/event"

If it does, then you should investigate all of the changes in later versions of IIB, in particularly v10, and see if you get better answers to your question.

Nope, even IIBv10 uses that schema. Go figure.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Event Monitoring schema. Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

chaitanyauk wrote:
By default it is taking some schema. Is there any option to change the schema for event monitoring?

No, the messages use the schema IBM decided to use. Like every other provider. Why would you want or need to change it?

chaitanyauk wrote:
And each time I deploy the flow to the Integration server I need to execute the command to enable the event monitoring even if I am not changing anything related to monitoring. Is this a normal behavior?

Yes. The reasoning (as I understand it) is that if you've redeployed the flow, the monitoring requirements may have changed.

An extra line in your deploy script will fix this.
timber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
Is there any option to change the schema for event monitoring?
Why are you asking? What are you trying to achieve?
If you explain what's on your mind, we may be able to suggest some way to achieve your goals.
chaitanyauk
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for your response.

I am using IIB v10.0.0.6. The schema remains same as mentioned by vitor.

timber wrote:
Why are you asking? What are you trying to achieve?
If you explain what's on your mind, we may be able to suggest some way to achieve your goals.

There are many information like UUID of Integration node and integration server which might not be required. Want to remove these elements by which event looks much simple and readable for non-technical people.

There is an option to set global correlation ID while configuring the events.
It says:
Quote:
A global transaction correlator links events from a message flow to one or more related message flows or external applications.

Not sure how it is used in real time. We have to set global ID explicitly in each flow. Suppose, if my flow A is generating an event for a transaction and the same message then used by flow B, again global ID needs to be set in flow B. If this is the case, then I need to pass this ID along with the message to subsequent flows. But don't know how event monitoring in IIB correlates the events across the flows.
Any comments on this would be great.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

chaitanyauk wrote:
There are many information like UUID of Integration node and integration server which might not be required. Want to remove these elements by which event looks much simple and readable for non-technical people.

So you want to change the format of the event monitoring message and have decided the best way to achieve this is to try and change the way the software works? Despite the fact you're sitting next to a high performance transformation engine? Seriously?

chaitanyauk wrote:
Any comments on this would be great.

Don't let IIB generate the ID.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

chaitanyauk wrote:
Want to remove these elements by which event looks much simple and readable for non-technical people.

I'd also question the value of passing these raw events to non-technical people anyway. Typically (I'll use a transaction tracking requirement as an example) the raw messages are processed and stored in a searchable database. The sheer volume of messages precludes anyone (certainly a non-technical person) finding anything useful in real time by subscribing to the messages.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
mqjeff wrote:
I am unsure if
Code:

Well, if the message structure/field definitions haven't changed, then there's no reason to update the schema version.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Vitor wrote:
mqjeff wrote:
I am unsure if
Code:

Well, if the message structure/field definitions haven't changed, then there's no reason to update the schema version.

Exactly. Feel the backwards compatibility.
timber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
I agree with Vitor; you should not be presenting a monitoring event to anybody. Monitoring events are designed for processing by
- Record & Replay
- The IBM Business Monitor product (via the message-driven bean)
- Custom software that reads key fields from the events and processes them to produce alerts and dashboards (i.e. a subset of IBM Business Monitor implemented in custom code).

Having said all of that...there is this wonderful technology for turning a piece of XML into HTML (or any other text formt). It's called XSLT. If thte number of events is *very* low, you could present monitoring events in a browser, and omit any fields that you did not want a 'user' to see.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

timber wrote:
Having said all of that...there is this wonderful technology for turning a piece of XML into HTML (or any other text formt). It's called XSLT. If thte number of events is *very* low, you could present monitoring events in a browser, and omit any fields that you did not want a 'user' to see.

The OP has paid for IIB and you're suggesting XSLT? Shame on you! Shame!

timber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
The OP has paid for IIB and you're suggesting XSLT? Shame on you!

For XML->HTML only. Not for transformation and mapping logic within IIB.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Event Monitoring schema.
Jump to: