ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Soap reuest using ssl 401 unauthorized response

Soap reuest using ssl 401 unauthorized response « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
wmqstankela
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:50 pm    Post subject: Soap reuest using ssl 401 unauthorized response Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi all,

I'm trying to invoke web service using soap reuest node using ssl protocol. I set everything like this
[url] http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ap34020_.htm [/url] and still I've get http 401 Unauthorized response.

In soap reuest node on http transport property tab I choose SSL and provide alias of my certificate.
Also added certificate from server that I'm trying to call in my truststore file and my certificate to truststore on server.

Help please
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Soap reuest using ssl 401 unauthorized response Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

wmqstankela wrote:
Help please

How have you come to the conclusion this is an SSL problem? Given that you're getting a 401 back from the server rather than an SSL handshake error, it seems more likely to me that the SSL is working but your request is failing to authenticate (due to a malformed request rather than the credentials not having the needed permissions, which would yield a 403 not a 401).

What credentials are you supplying in your request and how?

What does the www-authenticate field in the response say is the problem?

What does the web server log say for the time in question?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Soap reuest using ssl 401 unauthorized response Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:

Hmmm... which log in IIB would that be?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Soap reuest using ssl 401 unauthorized response Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Vitor wrote:

Hmmm... which log in IIB would that be?

I was thinking more of the log on the web server that's hosting the URL which the OP's SoapRequest node is pointing at.
wmqstankela
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thanks for answer.

I'm not saying this is SSL problem. I don't know what is cause of problem.

ImbHTTPHeaderParser::getAuthenticateHeaderData , 'No WWW-Authenticate header found in response'.

I send LDAP credentials from web server that i calling. This credentials stored in authorization-data field in xml request.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

wmqstankela wrote:
ImbHTTPHeaderParser::getAuthenticateHeaderData , 'No WWW-Authenticate header found in response'.

Ok, you might have mentioned that in the original post.

A WWW-Authenticate header is mandatory in the response that accompanies a 401 code. The error you quote here is IIB calling that fact out to you, because the usual course of action is to evaluate it then re-issue the request with the credential format corrected.

Your problem is two-fold:

1) The server you're calling claims it can't process the credentials you're passing and is responding with a 401;
2) It's not sending the required WWW-Authenticate header with the 401 response.

It's very likely that nothing you do in IIB will resolve this. You need to speak to the owners of the URL you're calling, ask what's going on with them (pass on my suggestion to look in their log) and try your request again when they've fixed it - at least to the point where they send the correct response to a 401.
wmqstankela
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Ok, I will do that. Thanks a lot Vitor!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Soap reuest using ssl 401 unauthorized response
Jump to: