ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Log4jLoggingPlugin Throws Deployment Unsuccessful Message

Log4jLoggingPlugin Throws Deployment Unsuccessful Message « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sudhanshus
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Log4jLoggingPlugin Throws Deployment Unsuccessful Message Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I am trying to implement log4j in my broker application.

I have followed the following doc:-

ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/integration/support/supportpacs/individual/iam3.pdf

EDIT: My toolkit version is 9.0.0

Once I add Log4jLoggingPlugin node to my message flow, it fails to deploy.
Note that that the same log4j called form java compute node works just fine.

Following are the error details that I get while deploying the message flow:-

Code:

BIP2241E: A Loadable Implementation Library (.lil, .jar, or .par) is not found for message flow node type 'Log4jLoggingPluginNode' in message flow 'TestMF'.

The broker received an instruction to create a message flow node of type 'Log4jLoggingPluginNode', in message flow 'TestMF'. The broker cannot create nodes of this type because an implementation library for this node type does not exist in the LIL path.

Ensure that the LIL path is correct, and that it contains all the required node implementation libraries, including those supplied by IBM. The node name is case sensitive, therefore check that the toolkit and runtime names match. If the broker is trying to create a node type that ends in 'NodeNode', ensure that when the node was registered with the toolkit the name registered did not end in 'Node'. 
Also ensure that you have saved the message flow, and any nested message flows. Redeploy the new configuration to the broker, specifying a complete configuration. If the LIL file is correct, check that the message node type is correct.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Did you complete this step?

Quote:
In addition copy the Log4jLoggingNode_v1.2.jar file to $BROKER_INSTALL_DIR/jplugin

Tibor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Have you already restarted the message broker? It is necessary if you add a new jar into the plugin directory.
sudhanshus
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Yes I have restarted broker several times. I am able to see the log4j node. The problem arises when i try to deploy the flow that has Log4JLogginPlugin node.
sudhanshus
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

zpat wrote:
Did you complete this step?

Quote:
In addition copy the Log4jLoggingNode_v1.2.jar file to $BROKER_INSTALL_DIR/jplugin

Who are you really? A mind reader!!!

Apparently I missed that step. I am now able to deploy the flow successfully.

Thanks a lot.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

sudhanshus wrote:
Who are you really? A mind reader!!!

No, he's the guy who read the error message you posted, noded the error indicating a node being deployed that was not available to the run time and from this theorised that you'd missed the step to make the node available to the run time.

zpat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I do have special powers (or was that special needs ).
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

zpat wrote:
I do have special powers (or was that special needs ).

Yes, but you promised the magistrate you would never use them or speak of them again in public.
ajaykverma
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: BAR packaging error for Log4J node Reply with quote

Hi,

We are facing a weird issue for packaging BAR file for Log4J node. I have followed every steps what was mentioned in IAM3.pdf. There is no problem if I create BAR file inside Toolkit.

But when I tried to create BAR for logging application where Log4J node configured then I am getting error, please see below:

mqsicreatebar -data C:\Users\ajay.k.verma\IBM\IIBT10\F7Codes -b eventlogging.bar -a gp-eventlogging-app

BIP0965E Error compiling files in mqsicreatebar.

The message is:
Workspace has errors on it after the build. In order to create bar there should be no errors on the workspace.

Problem markers list from the workspace:
Problem 34: Resource - /gp-eventlogging-app/gp/nucleus/logger/GP_EventLogger_MF.msgflow; Error message - Message node "Log4jLoggingPlugin" cannot be located.

Please note, there is not error in workspace but still it says that workspace error.

Can someone please help here because we are trying to automate our process for deployment and we are facing issue in auto-deployment for our logging application.

Ajay
smdavies99
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

It would have been far better to have created a new thread for your problem as it is not the same as the original one. Then you could have referenced the original thread in your post.
That's just the way we prefer to do things around here.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Are you running your mqsicreatebar out of an mqsiprofile sourced environment and has that runtime environment been updated with the support pack for running log4j ?
Your problem is either in the classpath referencing external jars or in the .metadata that gets rebuild when running mqsicreatebar

My guess is that the .classpath of the project may reference the support pack's jar files in a directory where those jars are not available to the build machine...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It's not recommended practice to use log4j.

Broker provides all of the logging you need with it's own methods, and then you don't have to worry about figuring out how to add log4j.

If you still want to do some kind of additional or java specific logging, you can use the buiilt in java logging classes.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Log4jLoggingPlugin Throws Deployment Unsuccessful Message
Jump to: