ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Using existig .NET code in IIB

Using existig .NET code in IIB « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ANILK
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: Using existig .NET code in IIB Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi Friends,

I got a strange requirement from my boss. client is using .NET code to do some business algorithms and to integrating with external web-service systems. now client is planing to migrate these operations to IIB 9 version , and strictly informed us to reuse the same .NET code which they are already using.

I never used .NET compute node in any of my projects.

Questions
---------------

1)Is it possible to use same .NET code (Copy/paste) in IIB .NET compute node and migrate entire operation to IIB?

2)is it a good approach to accept this requirement ? or better to migrate the business logic and use ESQL instead of .NET ?

3)is there any major concern or performance impact if we use .NET compute node instead of ESQL or JAVA?

My preference is to use ESQL instead of .NET , so i need a answer to convince my boss

Please share you advises

Thanks

Anilk
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: Using existig .NET code in IIB Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ANILK wrote:
1)Is it possible to use same .NET code (Copy/paste) in IIB .NET compute node and migrate entire operation to IIB?

Yes, unless the existing .NET code interfaces directly with the outside world when you're out of luck. If it's just taking a set of parameters you can feed it like you do in a native .NET app.

ANILK wrote:
2)is it a good approach to accept this requirement ? or better to migrate the business logic and use ESQL instead of .NET ?

It depends. If you're going to be saving a ton of testing time reusing the .NET then it's a good approach. If you need to bend the .NET to fit into IIB then it's not. If you have a lot of .NET developers it is. If you don't it's not. And so forth, and so forth.

ANILK wrote:
3)is there any major concern or performance impact if we use .NET compute node instead of ESQL or JAVA?

There's no particular issue with the node. You could easily write ESQL or Java that performs worse than the .NET because you can write poorly performing code in any language.

I'd be more worried that by using .NET you're trapped on a Windoze platform instead of a nice powerful Linux one, but that's just me.

ANILK wrote:
My preference is to use ESQL instead of .NET , so i need a answer to convince my boss

If the client wants to reuse the existing .NET, then remember the old saying:

"The customer is always right. Even if the customer is barking mad and shouldn't be allowed out without a keeper".
ANILK
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thank you Vitor for sharing valuable information.
I don't have any prior .NET coding knowledge ,and how it works in IIB product. can you provide any useful reference link related to .NET development in IIB system.

Anilk
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Have you looked at the Samples? Perhaps their is one that uses a .Net Compute Node?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
ANILK
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thank you sam for your inputs, i hope .NET code can be deployed only on a windows environment , so need to install IIB in a windows server ?

Anil
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ANILK wrote:
i hope .NET code can be deployed only on a windows environment , so need to install IIB in a windows server ?

ANILK
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi Friends,

I am trying to run a sample by using .NET compute node.
for that i have installed Visual studio 2015 , but when i try to open .NET compute node by using Visual studio i am getting a error "The following files were specified on the command line C:\Users\ANILK\Desktop\%1 These files could not be found and will not be loaded".

do i need to change any path ? . have u ever heard about these errors,
Please share your advice.

Anil
ANILK
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks Friends,

Fixed the issue and able to deploy and run .NET application in IIB.

Anil

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Using existig .NET code in IIB
Jump to: