ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WS-Security Implementation

WS-Security Implementation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
enup12
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject: WS-Security Implementation Reply with quote

Hi All,

Can you please suggest if WS-Security(policy sets) can be configured for multiple clients in same flow(broker V7)?

Will appreciate your response.

Thanks,
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

What have you tried so far?
enup12
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created Policy Set, Policy Binding and security profile for one client using X.509.

Now I have got another client which need to be on-boarded on the same flow. I am planning to use the Same CA for generating the certificate for second client. But unsure how policy set will be configured for second client in same flow.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Have you confirmed that the policy set does have to be configured differently for the second client?

Have you explained to management exactly how unsupported Broker v7 is?

Have you reviewed your options to change what policy set is going to be used by setting properties in the message tree?
enup12
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can propose the same policy set configuration which is currently being used. But, I am wondering if same configuration will work for second client as certificate( public keys) and security profile will be different.

Please suggest some pointer.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

enup12 wrote:
Please suggest some pointer.

Well firstly:

mqjeff wrote:

Secondly:

mqjeff wrote:
Have you reviewed your options to change what policy set is going to be used by setting properties in the message tree?

enup12
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vitor/mqjeff

Please see the below details.
-- They are moving to higher version soon..However they want WS-Security implementation in next 2-3 weeks to support the client demand.

Secondly:
mqjeff wrote:

---I have to perform digital signature verification. For that, I have created the policy set and binding, and digital signature verification is working correctly for single client. But, when I add details (KeyInformation- PrivateKey and Public Key etc) for second client, it is not working so wanted to know if it is possible to configure more than one client details in same policy set and binding.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

enup12 wrote:
Hi Vitor/mqjeff

Please see the below details.
-- They are moving to higher version soon..However they want WS-Security implementation in next 2-3 weeks to support the client demand.

Secondly:
mqjeff wrote:

---I have to perform digital signature verification. For that, I have created the policy set and binding, and digital signature verification is working correctly for single client. But, when I add details (KeyInformation- PrivateKey and Public Key etc) for second client, it is not working so wanted to know if it is possible to configure more than one client details in same policy set and binding.

It should be. You'd just have to specify that the client cert is to be found in the certstore. Of course this means that all the clients that do sign the message need to have their key in the certstore.
If you need to compare the content of the message against some of the X509 values i.e. make sure paul did not send a message for mary and signed it... you will need to use a security node...

enup12
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.. I have added all client certificates in TrustStore and broker's private key in Keystore. When I add multiple clients detail in PolicySet and PolicySetBindings, I get runtime an exception like below.

CWSS5270E- Required message part in not signed.

However, when I try to run by creating separate policyset for each client, it is working fine.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WS-Security Implementation
Jump to: