ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Not able to open XML output file in IE

Not able to open XML output file in IE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mpong
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Not able to open XML output file in IE Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi All,

I have XML output message generated in my flow and I am able to open it with IE or xml edition and I can see xml version tag <?xml version="1.0"?> in the output message correctly.

But I want to include encoding as below and I have included below ESQL code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.(XMLNSC.XmlDeclaration)*.(XMLNSC.Attribute)Encoding = 'UTF-16';

Once above line is added I could see the result when I open it with text editor but when I open it with it with IE or XML editor it is blank and there is no xml validation failure.

Testers use IE to see the results and I am currently running the code commenting above line. Please suggest.
maurito
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Not able to open XML output file in IE Reply with quote

Partisan

mpong wrote:
Hi All,

I have XML output message generated in my flow and I am able to open it with IE or xml edition and I can see xml version tag <?xml version="1.0"?> in the output message correctly.

But I want to include encoding as below and I have included below ESQL code

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.(XMLNSC.XmlDeclaration)*.(XMLNSC.Attribute)Encoding = 'UTF-16';

Once above line is added I could see the result when I open it with text editor but when I open it with it with IE or XML editor it is blank and there is no xml validation failure.

Testers use IE to see the results and I am currently running the code commenting above line. Please suggest.

are you sure you want utf-16 and not UTF-8 ?
UTF-16 is variable-length, code points are encoded with one or two 16-bit code units, so minimum length for a character is 2 bytes
mpong
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for the response, I need to check with the target team, if they are ok to receive with UTF 8.

I am facing the same issue when i add DTD in ESQL.

SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.(XMLNSC.XmlDeclaration)*.(XMLNSC.Attribute)Encoding = 'UTF-8';

SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.(XMLNSC.DocumentType)* NAME = 'ledesxml SYSTEM http://www.ledes.org/ledes2000.dtd';
maurito
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mpong wrote:
Thanks for the response, I need to check with the target team, if they are ok to receive with UTF 8.

I am facing the same issue when i add DTD in ESQL.

SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.(XMLNSC.XmlDeclaration)*.(XMLNSC.Attribute)Encoding = 'UTF-8';

SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.(XMLNSC.DocumentType)* NAME = 'ledesxml SYSTEM http://www.ledes.org/ledes2000.dtd';

I believe it has been suggested to you by timber to use the XMLNS domain to manipulate DTDs.
mpong
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Yes, but I have removed "" outside http://www.ledes.org/ledes2000.dtd.

Do you mean say we can not open xml file in IE when we include DTD in XMLNSC domain.
maurito
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mpong wrote:

Do you mean say we can not open xml file in IE when we include DTD in XMLNSC domain.

NO, I did not say that. You might be generating the wrong thing, why don't you copy and paste here the first 2 - 3 lines of your xml ?
mpong
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

it worked after I changed XMLNSC back to XMLNS, but how do i add encoding now

SET OutputRoot.XMLNS = InputRoot.XMLNSC;

SET OutputRoot.XMLNS.(XML.DocTypeDecl)ledesxml = '';

SET OutputRoot.XMLNS.(XML.DocTypeDecl).(XML.SystemId) = 'http://www.ledes.org/ledes2000.dtd';
maurito
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mpong wrote:
it worked after I changed XMLNSC back to XMLNS, but how do i add encoding now

SET OutputRoot.XMLNS.(XML.DocTypeDecl)ledesxml = '';

SET OutputRoot.XMLNS.(XML.DocTypeDecl).(XML.SystemId) = 'http://www.ledes.org/ledes2000.dtd';

try XML.encoding with the XMLNS domain. Search for XML.encoding in the knowledge centre.
mpong
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for the response. Tried with XML.encoding with the XMLNS domain did not work, knowledge centre says below info on XML.encoding but I could not achieve it in ESQL.

The value of the encoding element is a string that corresponds to the value of the encoding string in the declaration. In the following example, the encoding element has a value of UTF-8.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE s1 PUBLIC "http://www.ibm.com/example.dtd" "example.dtd">
<s1>.........</s1>
timber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

This line:
Quote:
...will remove all parser-specific field types from the message tree.
As a result, all attributes in InputRoot.XMLNSC will become tags in OutputRoot.XMLNS. Other XML artifacts may be changed too.

In general, it's a bad idea to mix XMLNSC and XMLNS in the same message flow Sorry for not making that clear earlier.
maurito
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mpong wrote:
Thanks for the response. Tried with XML.encoding with the XMLNS domain did not work,

what have you tried ?...

Quote:

The encoding attribute is represented by a syntax element with field type ‘XML.encoding', and is always a child of an XML.XmlDecl syntax element.
timber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

My previous post gave you a problem and did not mention a solution.

If you want to continue with using XMLNSC in your message flow, then you could try this:
- Do not use XMLNS at all
- Use the 'XMLNSC.Bitstream' field type to output the DTD as a hard-coded, pre-formatted string. It's a bit of a hack, but if your output CCSID is fixed then it is fairly safe.

Let me know if you want to explore that option.
mpong
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

This is a migration from biztalk to IIB, biztalk is currently sending output file in xmlns doming and it is working fine with all declaration and DTD. In IIB i have changed it to XMLNSC but I am facing issue on DTD.

Now I changed back to XMLSC everything works fine except encoding on declaration as I am not able to write it. Any suggestion how to put it.
timber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
verything works fine except encoding on declaration as I am not able to write it. Any suggestion how to put it.
I thought you said that it looks OK in a text editor. It's only IE that struggles to view it.
Did I get that right?
mpong
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Yes, using XMLNSC domain with UTF 16 and DTD, it looks ok in text editor but it is blank in IE.

Using XMLNS domain it is ok in text editor and IE as well but not able to plug encoing in XML declaration.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Not able to open XML output file in IE
Jump to: