ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Remember back to Broker V6.1 - ACL global read access

Remember back to Broker V6.1 - ACL global read access « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ross
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Remember back to Broker V6.1 - ACL global read access Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi.

If anyone can still remember Broker V6.1, we have a number of V6.1 brokers that we cannot upgrade just yet.
I am looking for a way to grant browse access through the toolkit, in a similar manner that you might give +browse and +inq access to a user in MQ OAM, and put that user as the MCA user on a SVRCONN channel.
The ACL options are to a group or user, but the MCA user is not passed to broker, just the underlying user running the toolkit.
I could create individual user ACL access. Or create a browse group, and add users into that. But I am looking for a way to give read access to all.
This is a test environment.

I was hoping I could do something like:
mqsicreateaclentry CFGMGR1 -u 'DOMAIN\*' -a -x V -p
But this doesn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ross.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I always find it easier to dump the 6.1 ACL to a XML file using the -f <filename> option.

This ACL file can then be re-loaded in a similar way, once edited.

If your users are already in a common unix group (such as "users") then add that group name to the ACL.
Ross
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thanks for the reply.

The users don't necessarily use AIX, so I don't want to define them to AIX just to get them into a group.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

When you migrate to WMB v7 (or later) and use MQ OAM security - your users would normally need to be defined to the Operating System anyway.
Ross
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

For broker V7/8, I'll be using MQ OAM, so can use MCA users on a SVRCONN channel.
Or blockIP with SSL to override MCA user.
I am trying to replicate the use of a view MCA user in later versions of broker.

Thanks,
Ross.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Don't think you can do this on WMB 6.1.

Nearest option I can think of is to programmatically generate the XML ACL file with all the WMB view-only userids in it.
Ross
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I haven't found anything better.
A script to run in multiple user ACLs is a similar option. Or define users on AIX, add to brkview group. 1 ACL entry per broker.

If anyone else has a better option, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Ross.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Remember back to Broker V6.1 - ACL global read access
Jump to: