ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » DataPower to IMS via the OTMA Bridge - MQMD Encoding issue

DataPower to IMS via the OTMA Bridge - MQMD Encoding issue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

JosephGramig wrote:
I don't get the part about the message conversion. DP connects to MQ via client channels. Did you connect to a intermediate Qmgr with a sender channel that did the convert?

I connected to an intermediate Linux Queue Manager that then forwarded the messages with QM to QM channels to the z/OS QM. The SENDER channel did not have conversion turned on. I did turn that on for one of my test cases to see what results I got if the messages was converted before it arrived on the MF QM as described in one of my posts in this thread, but that was just an expiriment and only doen for one test case.

JosephGramig wrote:
Was there an Exit?

No. Well, there is a fine piece of exit called MQAUSX on the client channel doing security exit stuff, but no exit anywhere doing conversion stuff.

JosephGramig wrote:
How would convert on MQGET work when there is an MQIIH header? Say what?

Review the first few posts in this thread, on the first page, and you can see its the RCVR channel that does the convert, without any special setting being enabled or even possible, when the message is bound for an OTMA bridge queue, and it deals with the MQIIH header correctly.

JosephGramig wrote:
You seem to be intimating that something like WTX maps are needed to construct msgs to go to IMS OTMA for DP. I'm not too familar with DP, so I don't know how flexible it is about building message types other than XML.

No, we just happened to be using WTX to create the message which was another peice of code being developed by another person which added variables and fun to the mix.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

PeterPotkay wrote:
Review the first few posts in this thread, on the first page, and you can see its the RCVR channel that does the convert, without any special setting being enabled or even possible, when the message is bound for an OTMA bridge queue, and it deals with the MQIIH header correctly.

With a bit more precision, WMQ headers are converted (if necessary) on message arrival at the destination qmgr. Your application data payload conversion will be driven by CONVERT(YES) at the sender end, or by MQGMO_CONVERT at the receiver end.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Bruce, what would be specifying MQGMO_CONVERT in this scenario on the receiving side?
Not the IMS app, it doesn't know about MQ.
Not the OTMA bridge, the manuals say the IMS Bridge does not convert.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/#!/SSFKSJ_7.0.1/com.ibm.mq.csqzal.doc/fg15970_.htm
Not the RCVR chanel, its not doing an MQGET from an MQ queue.

Seems like the RCVR channel is taking it upon itself to convert the message coming across the network link if the RCVR channel sees the message is destined for a queue being read by the OTMA bridge.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

This http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.0.1/com.ibm.mq.csqzal.doc/fg15980_.htm goes a bit further regarding conversion sending messages to the MQ-IMS bridge.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » DataPower to IMS via the OTMA Bridge - MQMD Encoding issue
Jump to: