ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to specify Data for display in Record and Replay ?

How to specify Data for display in Record and Replay ? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Hugh_Everett
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: How to specify Data for display in Record and Replay ? Reply with quote

Novice

I have configured Record and Replay successfully, and using the Web Admin GUI I can see rows in my data capture store. So the underlying mechanism is working fine.

But the Data field as displayed in the Web Admin GUI in all of my rows is always empty. What should I be specifying, in the Event Payload fields, in my Monitoring tab, to make data display in the Web Admin GUI ?

My flow is a standard SOAP Service, and I have only configured one event to emit a monitorable message - namely on the in.terminal of the Route node immediately following the SOAPInput node. On that event I have added one Event Payload entry, specifying one of the following, in turn:
- $Root
- $Body
- $Root/XMLNSC
- $Body/XMLNSC
- $Body/XMLNSC/read/input1
- $LocalEnvironment/SOAP/Input/Message/Context/operation

But none of the above results in data being displayed on the Web Admin GUI.

NB I have also tried specifying 2 or more entries in the Event Payload - that seems to have no effect.

This is WMB V8.0.0.2 on a Windows XP (32-bit) Op Sys.

What am I doing wrong ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

$Root, $Body, $Root/SOAP should give you something... although $Root might be problematic... Also check that what you get is well formed XML.
I tried to capture the url override of an HTTP node and had no problem with it but could not evaluate the data. Had to use the Blob domain and replace '&' with '&'...
If you don't get anything try looking at it in BLOB format. If you still don't get anything open a PMR.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Try making sure validation is enabled or that you have immediate parsing?
Hugh_Everett
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for those (very speedy) comments. I've been doing some more testing, and I suspect a bug.

Yes, I changed Parse Timing from "On Demand" to "Immediate" - and I also afterwards tried "Complete" - and back to "On Demand" ... all to no avail: same results in each case.

I have also tried umpteen different XPath expressions for the Event Payload, and still nowt is visible in the Data column in the Web Admin GUI. Note that when I specify $ExceptionList as an Event Payload, the Errors column in the Web Admin GUI does contain a little white cross on red background icon, as expected.

So, why do I reckon it's a bug ?

Well, I also set up my own subscription to the $SYS/Broker/MB8BROKER/Monitoring/# topic - and in my resulting queue I can see the published event messages, and in each of them there is my message data, as requested.

I attach a sample event (monitorable) message here - note the wmb:simplecontent field and the wmb:complexcontent fields at the bottom. wmb:simplecontent is there 'cos I specified $Root/XMLNSC/tns:read/input1 as an Event Payload and the two wmb:complexcontent fields are there 'cos I specified $ExceptionList and then $Root/XMLNSC as an Event Payload.

Code:

<wmb:event xmlns:wmb="http://www.ibm.com/xmlns/prod/websphere/messagebroker/6.1.0/monitoring/event">
 <wmb:eventPointData>
  <wmb:eventData wmb:productVersion="8002" wmb:eventSchemaVersion="6.1.0.3" wmb:eventSourceAddress="Route To Label.terminal.in">
   <wmb:eventIdentity wmb:eventName="Route To Label.InTerminal"/>
   <wmb:eventSequence wmb:creationTime="2013-06-09T14:08:21.131Z" wmb:counter="1"/>
   <wmb:eventCorrelation wmb:localTransactionId="b04c07c9-50a0-4503-94d4-a048757e3f89-1" wmb:parentTransactionId="" wmb:globalTransactionId=""/>
  </wmb:eventData>
  <wmb:messageFlowData>
   <wmb:broker wmb:name="MB8BROKER" wmb:UUID="ff9df073-2b08-4703-92bd-918127ff7d20"/>
   <wmb:executionGroup wmb:name="DBService7800" wmb:UUID="f9157cff-3e01-0000-0080-95e381ef83f5"/>
   <wmb:messageFlow wmb:uniqueFlowName="MB8BROKER.DBService7800.gen.DemoDBService" wmb:name="gen.DemoDBService" wmb:UUID="d5577cff-3e01-0000-0080-9831e0f2f3ff" wmb:threadId="4564"/>
   <wmb:node wmb:nodeLabel="Route To Label" wmb:nodeType="ComIbmRouteToLabelNode" wmb:terminal="in"/>
  </wmb:messageFlowData>
 </wmb:eventPointData>
 <wmb:applicationData xmlns="">
  <wmb:simpleContent wmb:name="input1" wmb:value="IBM" wmb:dataType="string"/>
  <wmb:complexContent wmb:elementName="ExceptionList">
   <ExceptionList/>
  </wmb:complexContent>
  <wmb:complexContent wmb:elementName="XMLNSC">
   <XMLNSC>
    <NS1:read xmlns:NS1="http://DemoDBService">
     <input1>IBM</input1>
    </NS1:read>
   </XMLNSC>
  </wmb:complexContent>
 </wmb:applicationData>
</wmb:event>

Note also: in my Database table (database MBRECORD, table WMB_MSGS) I can see a row for every single one of my tests, and this matches exactly what the Web Admin GUI shows me. The HAS_EXCEPTION column contains an 'N' in some rows and a 'Y' in other rows - which is correct because some tests included $ExceptionList as an Event Payload and some didn't. But in every single row the HAS_USERDATA column has 'N' in it.

In other words:

the published messages have the correct data in them
    the mechanism to insert into the database table is working
    the mechanism to grab the $ExceptionList data (a complex type) is working
    but the mechanism to grab the "user data" (whether complex or not) is not working.

I'm not missing anything, am I ?
talljohn
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:23 am    Post subject: Me too Reply with quote

I agree - I'm lost as to what the fields in the monitoring messages compared with what I see in the replay portal. I HAVE managed to get "data" field - by including the bitstream data in the monitoring message - which then allows me to replay it to a queue.

However, I too see my "user" data in my monitoring message but never see userdata=true in the replay console.

I put a question on the IBM forum but silence.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to specify Data for display in Record and Replay ?
Jump to: