ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » MsgExit for V6 not Working on V7

MsgExit for V6 not Working on V7 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Gogol
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: MsgExit for V6 not Working on V7 Reply with quote

Hello Everybody,

We had a MsgExit on MQv6 on SDR Channel that I think copies the msgId to correlId of the messages that are sent to Tandem systems, as the Tandem programs are not written in a way to do this. But the exit is not working in MQv7 and also after sometime I notice that the channel goes into SubState(MQMsgExit) while STATUS(RUNNING) , but messages piles up in the XMITQ. Once I remove the MsgExit and start the channel again, the messages flows.

Application reading the messages can not read them as the messages does not have anything in their correlId, and application are written to read the messages based on correlId.

Also application are connecting through SVRCONN Channel which connects and then disconnects with in the same second though there are no exits in SVRCONN channels. No Error in MQ errors. The application shows 2033 within a second while they are coded to wait for 4 seconds. I really dont understand ''

Is there any change in the way MQv7 correlId should be accessed by MQ exits or they are the same like MQv6 ?

What could be the reason that the SDR channel runs for sometime and then messages starts piling up in XMITQ?

Can the MsgExit in SDR channels force the SVRCONN to exit?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I assume here that the msg exit has been recompiled with the V7 libraries for both 32 bit and 64 bit right?
Gogol
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Hi fjb_Saber Reply with quote

Hi fjb_Saber,

No it's not compiled again as we dont have the source code, the exit is a third party exit, and I am trying to get them to fix this, but don't see any possibility. I just have the pre compiled exit, which works on one of the same specification Tandem Channel , but not in the problematic channel.. I don't see any difference in the channel properties apart from conname...

The exit just gets stuck and the substate becomes MSGEXIT while channel is RUNNING, but XMITQ is loaded with many messages and increasing.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Hi fjb_Saber Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Gogol wrote:
Hi fjb_Saber,

No it's not compiled again as we dont have the source code, the exit is a third party exit, and I am trying to get them to fix this, but don't see any possibility. I just have the pre compiled exit, which works on one of the same specification Tandem Channel , but not in the problematic channel.. I don't see any difference in the channel properties apart from conname...

The exit just gets stuck and the substate becomes MSGEXIT while channel is RUNNING, but XMITQ is loaded with many messages and increasing.

Well you need to recompile with the 7 libraries or ditch the exit.
Gogol
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Thanks fjb_saper Reply with quote

Let me try that out and see what awaits... Thanks Again

Regards

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » MsgExit for V6 not Working on V7
Jump to: