ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Websphere ESB 7.5.1 with SQL Server and FTP Transmission

Websphere ESB 7.5.1 with SQL Server and FTP Transmission « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dprogwmb
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Websphere ESB 7.5.1 with SQL Server and FTP Transmission Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi all,
I was asked to develop a Probe of concept using Websphere ESB 7.5.1 in a Windows Server operative system ...but I'm a bit new in Websphere ESB 7.5.1 (and WID)... (I already know Websphere Message Broker... but it's a bit different to Websphere ESB)
My scenario is the following:
1)I need to read from a Database Table in MS SQL Server 2008, and transform the registers of the Table in a plain format using pipes ("|") to separate the registers...
2)I need to store them locally in a ESB filesystem (for example using FTP to the same server as the esb)on one file per day... this is an "Online" Process Integration
3)Then another ESB process is invoked (one time per day at 12 am) to send that file to another server of other system through FTP... this is a "BATCH" Integration....
So that's the general scenario...it's kind of a "synchronization problem" through ESB.
4) In case of errors when reading from the database table (for example an incorrect attemp to read one register)... I was asked to develop an error handling, to make a CONTROL of which registers couldn't be read. I was asked to not use Java Languaje for doing this... and to only use the ESB components...

Questions:
Point 1) need to be online so the integration it's reading and storing all the time (the "Persons" table has a Creation date and last modification date) ... can I use the Websphere Adapter for JDBC for this propouse?
Point 2) Can I use the CSV format and the flat File Adapter of the ESB to achive this?
Point 3) Is it possible to auto-invocate (automatically) an ESB integration using the Websphere ESB runtime? (if I were using ProcessServer I know it's possible but it's not the scenario ) ... or does the integration need to be invoked from an external application (for example the consumer)?
Point 4) Is there any way of doing this not using Java, and only using ESB components? Any example or help? Do I need to store all the erroneous registers in a ESB table, and at the end of the day reprocess them (in Batch mode like point 3)?

I hope you can help me and send me any example link ,or information ,or possible roadmaps solutions for my problem... THANKS!!!!

Regards All
dprogwmb
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Any Ideas???? Reply with quote

Voyager

Any ideas?? Pleaseee
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Ideas???? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dprogwmb wrote:
Any ideas??

Apparently not. Let us know how you get on.
vennela
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi:

Yes, this is possible using ESB and is a very typical application

Your basic approach is very much correct. You can definitely use JDBC adapter and Flatfile adapter. CSV format is definitely supported by flatfile adapter, for that matter, it supports any format, you just need to write a data handler.
I would suggest you start with a simple mediation first, with no adapters and eventually build on it

I would recommend this RedBook.
Connecting Enterprise Applications to WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247406.html?Open

That covers most of your questions including JDBC Adapter. Even though the book is for older version of ESB, most of them are still valid
dprogwmb
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the answer... Reply with quote

Voyager

vennela wrote:
Hi:

Yes, this is possible using ESB and is a very typical application

Your basic approach is very much correct. You can definitely use JDBC adapter and Flatfile adapter. CSV format is definitely supported by flatfile adapter, for that matter, it supports any format, you just need to write a data handler.
I would suggest you start with a simple mediation first, with no adapters and eventually build on it

I would recommend this RedBook.
Connecting Enterprise Applications to WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247406.html?Open

That covers most of your questions including JDBC Adapter. Even though the book is for older version of ESB, most of them are still valid

Hi thanks for the answer...
I red the book and it's very interesting... ... the part of the JDBC Adapter is very usefull...

But I didn't understand why do I need to write my own data handler (why can't I use any given Data Handler)?
Can I use for example the CSV format, and then use a relationship(of data types) from both datatypes?
And other question ... for error handling, how can I manage the attemting to write to one file and and error occurs, or the error if I must write to a database table?... Can I only use a Fail node component (of the mediation flow) and that would rollback all the opertations done before? Or do I need to keep any kind of error table for any kind of error? For example : one error table for Database errors writing and other for file writing errors?
And Then reprocess all the kind of errors of all the error tables?
Am I making the solution very complicated?

Regards my friend..
vennela
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Quote:
But I didn't understand why do I need to write my own data handler (why can't I use any given Data Handler)?

Well it depends

If there is a data handler already present for your needs, like CSV or XML, you don't need to write another one.

If there is any custom format, that's when you need it

Regarding error handling, you can design it as per your needs. I am not that experienced in transactions, sorry...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Websphere ESB 7.5.1 with SQL Server and FTP Transmission
Jump to: