ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Config Mgr Proxy Programming

Config Mgr Proxy Programming « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Gaya3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Config Mgr Proxy Programming Reply with quote

Jedi

Hi Experts

I have written a proxy program in MB V7 and its working fine. here i used the updated proxy program to connect V7 brokers.

I tried to connect to MB V6 brokers where it is not working, here i used both new and old proxy programming, but both didnt work.

As per the documentation we can use the old proxy code commands to connect to the V6 broker(s), unfortunately its not working as expected.

Please share your thoughts on this.
Do Something Before you Die
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You have to use the Broker v6.1 jar files, as well as the Broker v6.1 coding practices and objects, in order to talk to Broker 6.1 Configmgr.

You have to use the Broker v7 jar files, coding practices, and objects, to talk to Broker v7.

You can not in any way mix and match any of these. If you want to work with broker v6.1, everything has to be Broker 6.1. If you want to work with Broker v7, everything has to be Broker v7.
Gaya3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Make sense now, Thanks Jeff,

mqjeff wrote:
You have to use the Broker v6.1 jar files, as well as the Broker v6.1 coding practices and objects, in order to talk to Broker 6.1 Configmgr.

You have to use the Broker v7 jar files, coding practices, and objects, to talk to Broker v7.

Yes, it is working now.

mqjeff wrote:

You can not in any way mix and match any of these. If you want to work with broker v6.1, everything has to be Broker 6.1. If you want to work with Broker v7, everything has to be Broker v7.

I thought, i can connect to V6 brokers from V7 broker through proxy, as what you said is correct, we should not mix and match of these.

Thanks jeff..
Do Something Before you Die

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Config Mgr Proxy Programming
Jump to: