ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Correlating

Correlating « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
venuprsd
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Correlating Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello Experts,

I am getting one large XML,debulking that and sending to four IBM Legacy systems. This is Asynchrounous call. While getting the response how can I correlate the particular response.Can any one tell the approach?
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

As far as I understood, your call is asynchronous, sending the mgs (as xml) to 4 different systems and not waiting for response at that time only., but when it comes back (4 diff. responses) you need to identify which response is from which system !
hmm... System which is sending the reply msg can add a unique field in reply msg (if that permits to the message architecture and do not disturb the business payload) which would represent who is sending it as reply Or the message header you can check from where its coming (Put Application name).
By the way, when you are sending the xml msgs to four diff. systems, do you expect the similar kind of reply from each of'em ?

*There is a difference between a REPLY and RESPONSE., REPLY to a request which typically returns to the requestor, and a RESPONSE which could be distributed among targets.
When you google it, you would also find that these terms are used synonymously, in general.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Correlating Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

venuprsd wrote:
Hello Experts,

I am getting one large XML,debulking that and sending to four IBM Legacy systems. This is Asynchrounous call. While getting the response how can I correlate the particular response.Can any one tell the approach?

Only if we can read your mind.
You are not supplying enough information.
For instance do you have any batch identifying information on the messages?
If this is not the case, can you create any, like filename + timestamp, and add it to each message?

And you really meant the particular responses as in plural as you would have (I expect) one response per message. You might have to save the responses into a DB and aggregate them.

You also did not speak about any error resolution process, backout process, or otherwise about what needs to be done should any of the messages from the batch not be successful...

Have fun
CaseyU
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spammer content removed
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

CaseyU wrote:
Informative corner! I am working on my research project for IBM and supposedly this thread had helped me a lot.

Appreciate your reply.
Other then just this there are lots of many very important discussions in this forum on middleware technologies, you can 'search' related topics (in center panel, below register button) which would help you in your research work.

venuprsd
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Correlating Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thank you for the reply.

Continutation for the disussions.

I will get the response in ASCII,EBCDIC and XML format after that I need to FANIN into single response and send it to the final target system(Request System).

For example If i go for aggregation, it supports only parallel process but i will not get all the responses at a time.I might get the messages at a time or one after the other. Some times I will get the response from some of the systems.In that scenario wait for some another system responding,if that system not sending the response,debulk the rest of the msg and send it to final system.Please suggest me how can i wait for the timeout?Is MQGET node suggestable for this approach?
exerk
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

shashivarungupta wrote:
CaseyU wrote:
Informative corner! I am working on my research project for IBM and supposedly this thread had helped me a lot.

Appreciate your reply.
Other then just this there are lots of many very important discussions in this forum on middleware technologies, you can 'search' related topics (in center panel, below register button) which would help you in your research work.

CaseyU has already been reported to the relevant authorities - his/her second post contained a spam link.
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

exerk wrote:

CaseyU has already been reported to the relevant authorities - his/her second post contained a spam link.

I noticed his recent activity in News/Update section , on an old post., I doubted why he provided that link there. Caseyu you are under scan !
Thanks buddy for your vigilance.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Correlating
Jump to: