ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Celebration Notice - 10th Year Anniversary - April 12, 2011

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Celebration Notice - 10th Year Anniversary - April 12, 2011 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SAFraser
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

A moment of 10th anniversary seriousness....

When a new-to-MQ developer gets an assignment, we send an email with three essential links:
    MQ Info Centre
    (MQ) Using Java
    MQSeries.net

Just yesterday, I circulated a link internally to an MQSeries.net discussion of enqueue and dequeue rates; this forum is one of our problem solving strategies on many occasions.

While Mr. Google is my daily companion, he is trivial compared to the role of MQSeries.net in my professional life.

When I get stressed at work, my teammates will say "go read the forum for a while" -- yes, it is an activity that is a treat for me! I enjoy the technical discussions, but I have also made some real-life friends here.

What role does MQSeries.net play in your life?
WMBDEV1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sentinel

SAFraser wrote:

I dont do as much broker / MQ work as I used to anymore so I mainly keep reading for the razor sharp wit offered by the likes of Vitor, lancelot and Bruce. It makes me laugh.

Kimerts insights into various subjects is also interesting

PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Patient Zero? I couldn't find an older post. This one is from April 18 2011
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4

My first post:
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28&highlight=
Happy to say I took a little and gave a little on my first day here. Brandon saw I was a frequent poster an the list serve and invited me over to give his new site a try. Glad I did.

Mehrdad, can you post the list of the top 10 or 20 posters? By volume and by age of user account? I used to like looking at that list every so often when it was publicly available here.

I still think there should be a button on each post that allows users to vote for its usefulness, or its waste of electrons. I would love to occasionally browse the list of top 100 most useful posts on www.mqseries.net. It would be neat to see whose names would appear most often on THAT list.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think you mean "April 18 2001"...

I think, also, that the earliest post is officially http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1

And by extension if you want to mark the first "question", it would have to be http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2

Which means that it only took Peter 26 threads to start contributing.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
I think you mean "April 18 2001"...

Listen, I'm still writing 2010 on my checks.
shashikanth_in
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MQSERIES.NET javascript:emoticon('')
exerk
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

shashikanth_in wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MQSERIES.NET

You must be East of the date line then?
shashikanth_in
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Ah!.. It was my advanced BD wishes.

harish_td
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

The longer i spend on MQSeries.net, the more and more i realize how much there's to know

Here's to many more years of mqseries.net
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Congratulation mqseries.net
Congratulation owners, sponsors, admins, moderators, members, guests..everybody.
This community of Infrastructure, which is being called as Middleware ( specially MQ/MB/DP ) has been growing with respect to time and I wish mqseries.net would expand larger than this in the coming years.

I was thinking, what would be the total count of the posts here since then ?

SAFraser wrote:

still miles to go, still learning, still reading, still enjoying, still thinking, still breathing, still posting....

Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

shashivarungupta wrote:
I was thinking, what would be the total count of the posts here since then ?

According to the bottom left hand corner of the main index, there are 294,494 "articles".

I leave it to those with more knowledge to define articles, but even if those are distinct threads rather than individual posts on a thread, that's a lot of posting...

shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
294,494 "articles"...
...if those are distinct threads rather than individual posts on a thread, that's a lot of posting...

wow.. and 18160 registered users.. what a figure !
Congratulations, again when its 4 min. to 12:00AM IST. of 12th Apr'11.

George Carey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Congratulations to all mqseries.net Reply with quote

Knight

To: Mehrdad et al at mqseries.net

Many Thanks, and best wishes for the coming years ...

Irish eMQ_Blessing:

May the road rise to meet you, (and your channels auto initiate)
May the wind be always at your back, (and clients auto reconnect as well)
May the sun shine warm upon your face, (and your Java Interface classes too )
May the rains fall soft upon your fields, (and XML manager parse them true)
And, until we meet again, (or post anew)
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand. (with persistence enabled and your priority 9)

GTC
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Happy Birthday. I seem to be one of the early joiners back in 2001.

So what's happening today then?
Mehrdad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

As has been noted for about a week now, MQSeries.net is celebrating its 10th year anniversary today.

A few of the senior members, moderators and Cressida folks did put our thinking hats on some to come up with a few goodies for all those people who make, support, use, promote, …. WebSphere, WMQ, WMB and related technologies.

Our chosen theme for the celebration goodies is ' 10s are running wild ‘

10 x 1 = 10 Hursley teams senior forums contributors will be invited to join us for a lunch/dinner celebration– name nominations can come from the community and/or supplemented by the moderators. The group lunch/dinner will take place near Hursley or in central London, whichever is most preferred by the Hursley staff.

10 x 2 = 20 MQseries.net collector mugs to forums members with the most useful postings as selected by our Moderators. Watch this space for the winner announcements over the next few days. If a winner has a mug already, they can nominate an alternate recipient for the mug.

10 x 5 = 50 individuals from various worldwide WMQ and WMB practicing independent Consulting organizations to receive free of charge 1 full year licenses access with email and telephone support to Cressida’s distributed platforms product portfolio. If you are such a consultant, please send your request / nomination to the admin contact info found on the site. Your status as a consultant will first be confirmed.

10 x 10 = 100 total individuals from various WMQ and WMB user groups worldwide to receive free of charge 1 full year license access with email and telephone support to Cressida’s ReQuest for WMQ on distributed platforms and to SynQuest, InQuest, CeQuest MQ API based tools. Cressida will make contact with the most popular user groups to pass along the details to them. The user groups are to select / draw names on who should be given the licenses. If you are a member of a WebSphere related technologies user group, you may want to forward this information to the group’s chairperson to make contact with us and/or expect an email contact from us.

10x10x10= 1000 a $1000 charity contribution ($10 x 100 persons) to organization ‘ Medicines Sans Frontiers - Doctors without Borders’ in the name of 100 individuals . Selection is based on the first 100 members who have signed our online Guest book by logging-in onto and posting a short hello to this announcement thread we have had going here. If required, selections can be further supplemented based on forums members last login dates to reach 100 if we fall short of the thread/guest-book signings. So, I encourage you to quickly please get on this thread to say a word or two.

10x10x10x10= 10000 and finally, something for almost everyone. 10000 mqseries.net members will be sent the MQSeries.net Screensaver. A valid and currently in use email on your forums profile is required to receive the Screensavers. The Screensaver work is being developed externally and will take about three weeks to be completed and tested. To ensure that the majority of MQSeries.net members will correctly receive the Screensaver, we will wait until May 10 so everyone has had a chance to get their profiles’ emails updated (otherwise the emails with the Screensaver attachment will bounce back).

Thanks again for your valued contribution to the forums community

Mehrdad
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Page 3 of 6

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Celebration Notice - 10th Year Anniversary - April 12, 2011
Jump to: