ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Celebration Notice - 10th Year Anniversary - April 12, 2011

Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Celebration Notice - 10th Year Anniversary - April 12, 2011 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

exerk wrote:
You've got to sleep sometime, and when you do...

The thought of what you do when I'm asleep occassionally makes my mind's eye go blind...

Last edited by Vitor on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Vitor wrote:
mqjeff wrote:
I'm sure it would be in front of you when you woke up.

I am not now nor have I even been Santa Claus.

I made no claims on what he was waking up from...

Mehrdad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

how about more about the 10th anniversary thing?

it's still coming up in 4.5 days time folks !

should there be some good rewards only for those who celebrate by participating in the conversations?

Mehrdad
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Mehrdad wrote:
...should there be some good rewards only for those who celebrate by participating in the conversations?

Difficult call. There are 'dormant' individuals whom have made only one or two contributions (relatively speaking) but those contributions are gold-standard; there are the stalwarts whom make many and frequent contributions, all of which are also gold-standard. It would probably be the work of another ten years to identify and reward those in the first category and perhaps a little unfair to reward only those in the second category*. Unfortunately I have no ready answer, and the decision to hand out goodies requires the judgement of Solomon so I don't envy you!
If there was more time perhaps a poll of the more frequent posters on the most useful/used/referenced posts, with a reward to its originator would fulfil one category of largesse?

* I include myself in neither of those categories
SAFraser
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

That's the longest post I've seen from exerk in a long time. I think he is just positioning himself for a piece of cake.

I'm okay with that.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

exerk wrote:
It would probably be the work of another ten years to identify and reward those in the first category and perhaps a little unfair to reward only those in the second category

Put it to a vote? Perhaps generate a short list and then open a public poll? With 2 awards:

The Kimbert Award For Most Informative Posting On An Infrequent Basis (me, biased??)

The Poobah Award For Most Frequent Posting That's Not A Blatant Attempt To Increase Count?

Anyone with better idea(s) speak up.

Mehrdad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

@ Vitor - good ideas these. they have been noted and written down. thanks.

Let me also just add that those who actively participate in discussing and celebrating our 10th year anninversary stand a better chance for the bigger prizes
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I think you are in danger of talking this into a massive anti-climax. But I do make good use of my Cressida mug
SAFraser
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

I broke my mug. I whined to Mehrdad and he kindly gave me another one. Someone took the second one from our breakroom. I am mug-less. Bereft. It was a collector's item. Probably got sold for an exorbitant sum on e-Bay.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

SAFraser wrote:
I broke my mug. I whined to Mehrdad and he kindly gave me another one. Someone took the second one from our breakroom. I am mug-less. Bereft. It was a collector's item. Probably got sold for an exorbitant sum on e-Bay.

It is possible that if you whined again.
dgolding
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

SAFraser wrote:

Not just your's - mine was stolen too! There's obviously a market for these mugs (P.S. I whined at Mehrdad too and he kindly sent me another one, that never leaves my sight)
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

SAFraser wrote:
Someone took the second one from our breakroom. I am mug-less. Bereft. It was a collector's item. Probably got sold for an exorbitant sum on e-Bay.

dgolding wrote:
Not just your's - mine was stolen too! There's obviously a market for these mugs.

I got a good price for them down the Portobello Road...no eBay for me, I'm old-fashioned!
Mehrdad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

dgolding wrote:
There's obviously a market for these mugs

sounds like it , i also add there is more to this anniversary announcement than mugs !

zpat wrote:
I think you are in danger of talking this into a massive anti-climax. But I do make good use of my Cressida mug

zpat: I ' kind ' of that the 10th anniversary celebrations should not be anti-climatic

in fact, i would like to request a couple of you who are active in other circles (like the Wien listserv and similar places) to tell other folks about this thread - to remind them to have a look at what is being said here, and if they have mqseries.net logins to use them .....

4 more days to go !
AkankshA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

dgolding wrote:
SAFraser wrote:

Not just your's - mine was stolen too! There's obviously a market for these mugs (P.S. I whined at Mehrdad too and he kindly sent me another one, that never leaves my sight)

ahha,,, i still treasure my both prized possessions - The mugs ... perhaps i will make huge profits by selling them once they get listed on antique (rarest) catagory

regarding the celebration, since its 10th anniversary.. perhaps we can first have a logo which marks the 10 year celebration.. and then continue the celebration for 10 days .....

Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SAFraser wrote:
Someone took the second one from our breakroom. I am mug-less. Bereft.

I'm sorry to hear the replacment's been half-hinched.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Page 2 of 6

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Celebration Notice - 10th Year Anniversary - April 12, 2011
Jump to: