ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » HOW TO DELETE CATEGORIES IN PATTERN EXPLORER

HOW TO DELETE CATEGORIES IN PATTERN EXPLORER « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kumar143
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: HOW TO DELETE CATEGORIES IN PATTERN EXPLORER Reply with quote

Novice

HI ALL,
In WMB7 i was created one pattern authoring, and downloaded the pattern archive in pattern explorer to create instances.
But iam not able to delete that, even i deleted all the instances too.

Thanks
kumar143
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

hi friends,
any one...
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

kumar143 wrote:
any one...

Apparently not.

PMR time.
antphillips
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and sorry for the slow reply!

OK so just to be clear here are the steps involved with developing, distributing, installing and uninstalling patterns - apologies if you already know this [)

As a pattern author I develop and test my pattern in the WMB toolkit. Testing a pattern means re-launching the toolkit so that the pattern appears in the Pattern Explorer where I can try it out by creating pattern instances.

A pattern is implemented by two pattern plug-ins. When I click the Test Pattern button in the Pattern Authoring editor, these plug-ins are automatically created in my workspace before the second toolkit is launched.

When I am happy with my pattern I click the Create Pattern Archive button which packages up the pattern plug-ins in a .patternzip file. It is this archive file which I distribute to my pattern users.

My pattern users can install the patternzip by using the Download link at the top of the Pattern Explorer. This unpacks the plug-ins from the archive file and installs them into the toolkit. This installation is actually a standard Eclipse feature and plug-in install (no hidden magic!) - the Download button just makes this easier to use.

My pattern users can then instantiate the pattern just as if the pattern was a built-in pattern provided by IBM.

There is no automatic uninstall button provided at the moment in the Pattern Explorer. You will need to go to the Eclipse software updates to remove it (Help -> Software Updates...) and then click on the Installed Software tab. The name of the pattern can sometimes be a little hard to find in the rather long list. Once you have located it, click on it and click Uninstall.

Note that uninstalling the pattern does not remove the plug-ins from your WMB installation directory (this is standard Eclipse behaviour). The final step is to go to your SDPShared/plugins/plugins directory and delete the plug-ins from there. You should also delete the feature from SDPShared/plugins/features directory. You don't have to delete the files on the file system if you don't want to - they can safely be left in the directory without any problems.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Short of format see colon, or del star dot star, would it be possible to request a delete button in the next version or pattern explorer? Seems like the idea is half-baked without one.
kumar143
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote

Novice

Hi
thanks for reply, almost i lost hopes on this ticket
Many thanks
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: thanx Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

kumar143 wrote:
almost i lost hopes on this ticket

Let's just be clear here, both to you and future readers - this is not a ticket, the forum is not a support desk, there's no official connection with IBM here. We don't have an SLA on responses and anything posted is the intelectual property & opinion of the individual poster with no official standing.

(Though clearly some posters can talk with significant authority about how the products work due to the nature of their day jobs!)

A ticket in the sense I believe you mean is a PMR. As a licensed customer of IBM you have the right to raise one, and these do have SLAs as detailed. If you have an urgent or important problem or issue, this may well get you a speedier response than posting here.

Though there's no good reason why you can't raise a PMR and do a post if you want.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » HOW TO DELETE CATEGORIES IN PATTERN EXPLORER
Jump to: