ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » amqsput-command not found on linux x86_64

amqsput-command not found on linux x86_64 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
raj429
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: amqsput-command not found on linux x86_64 Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

I am a newbie and I have freshly installed the trial version of MQ 6.0.2.3 on linux x86_64.I am able to create Queue on the local QMGR. But amqsput is not working. Its showing command is not found.

/opt/mqm/bin-----> I dont have amqsput file. but /opt/mqm/samp/bin----> amqsput executable is available(as given in MQ publib library). I am running them under mqm. I looked in this forums and tried all the options, I found but no use

Note: While installing, I havent created /opt/mqm and /var/mqm directories.These got created for themselves at the time of installation. Post installation I have checked every thing is fine for directories. This I have done for kind of research on installation.

I am hanging at MQinstallation testing,is there any other possibility for this behaviour?
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: amqsput-command not found on linux x86_64 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

raj429 wrote:
I am hanging at MQinstallation testing,is there any other possibility for this behaviour?

Same as any other "not found" on Unix (Linux) - the PATH for that user is incorrect. Fix the path and retry. Note that the reason amqsput is in a different lib is because it's not a command, it's a sample application. Not all sites use the samples, hence the PATH being the way it is.
raj429
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thaks vitor for the response. .

But I didnt get this properly.

Quote:

the PATH for that user is incorrect. Fix the path and retry

I am running the command from /opt/mqm/samp/bin ---directlory where i have the put sample but still showing the same error.

[mqm@MQadmin bin]$ amqsput Q1 QMGR1
bash: amqsput: command not found

and its permission history is as below.

[mqm@MQadmin bin]$ ls -l | grep put
-r-xr-xr-x. 1 mqm mqm 15360 2008-04-26 17:11 amqsput
-r-xr-xr-x. 1 mqm mqm 15320 2008-04-26 17:12 amqsputc

did i get you right or am i still missing something?
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

raj429 wrote:
I am running the command from /opt/mqm/samp/bin ---directlory where i have the put sample but still showing the same error.

And you're certain in your own mind the PATH is configured to permit this? There's no reason why being in the same directory as an executable means it'll be found unless that's how you've configured this.

There are 2 options here I can think of, there are probably others, but this is a straightforward OS issue that has nothing to do with WMQ. Fix it as you would any other PATH problem in any way you see fit/accords with your standards.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Vitor wrote:
raj429 wrote:

And you're certain in your own mind the PATH is configured to permit this? There's no reason why being in the same directory as an executable means it'll be found unless that's how you've configured this.

There are 2 options here I can think of, there are probably others, but this is a straightforward OS issue that has nothing to do with WMQ. Fix it as you would any other PATH problem in any way you see fit/accords with your standards.

Your PATH is missing :. (colon dot).
You should be able to run
Code:
./amqsput

raj429
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thank u vitor and saper its working....
I am using ./amqsput

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » amqsput-command not found on linux x86_64
Jump to: