ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE CORRUPTED

SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE CORRUPTED « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jeevan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE CORRUPTED Reply with quote

Grand Master

One of my TEST evnironment Queue Managers crashed due to log full. I was able to end and start the queue maanger after replacing log files ( cool boot) but there were 1.5 mil messages in the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE. ( the message were persistence message)

I first tried to clear these messages, but it took forever and could not clear. I then physically deleted the q file under SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE directory and replace copied it from other queue. I was able to bring queue maanger up, and the queue seems working as I put a message to a cluster test queue and it reached to to destination. however, the queue is not visible to mqexplorer and Patrol. I can see it in runmqsc.

Can I delete this queue completely and recreate it or the system queue have some other attribute which creating as local queue does work?

Also, should not these ( all persistant) messages be deleted when the log file was replaced ? or the message which were in transmit queue will not be in the log any more and be saved under this directory?

I really appreciate your response
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Hmmm, I hope you learned your lesson.

Use MS03 to save the QMGR and amqoamd -s to save the permissions. Remove the QMGR from all clusters and delete it. Recreate it and add it back to the cluster.

The logs only contain uncommitted work, not everything on the queues. Linear logs will also contain the definitions of all the objects.

Also, you might try strmqm -c to delete and rebuild all SYSTEM objects. Remember, this will wipe out any customization you have done.
jeevan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

JosephGramig wrote:
Hmmm, I hope you learned your lesson.

Use MS03 to save the QMGR and amqoamd -s to save the permissions. Remove the QMGR from all clusters and delete it. Recreate it and add it back to the cluster.

The logs only contain uncommitted work, not everything on the queues. Linear logs will also contain the definitions of all the objects.

Also, you might try strmqm -c to delete and rebuild all SYSTEM objects. Remember, this will wipe out any customization you have done.

Thank you for the reply.

In fact, I have both build script and authorization script. So, this is not a problem.

However, I wanted to see whether there is a faster way, without building the whole queue manager. I really hate to build a queue manager in cluster.

FYI, I got it working ( seems) when I copied the q file from another system.cluster.transmit.queue before, i have copied this file from a non system queue.

Now, it is visible to explorer and patrol and seems working.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Never never never delete a q file from under a qmgr.

strmqm -c may have been the correct approach.
jeevan
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

mqjeff wrote:
Never never never delete a q file from under a qmgr.

strmqm -c may have been the correct approach.

Thank you. I could not think of that that time.

I appreciate.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE CORRUPTED
Jump to: