ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » How to pass userid/password from sender chl to receiver chl?

How to pass userid/password from sender chl to receiver chl? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
javagals
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: How to pass userid/password from sender chl to receiver chl? Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello,

I have a business requirement to identify, authenticate and authroize sender at receiver end of the channel. I have set "UserIdentifier" and "Password" field in sender channel and connected to receiver channel. I expected to get userId and password in channel definition in security exit. But, I am unable to get this information neither in channel definition nor in channel exit parameters.

Could you please kindly let me know how do I get or pass userId and password information from sender end of the channel and receive them on security exit program configured at receiver end of the channel.

I know that I will have to write & configure security exit program at sender end and receiver end of the channel. Could you please point me to a code sample on sender-security exit which set's userid and password and receiver-security exit which extracts userid and password?

Thank you,

Regards,
David.Partridge
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

If you intend to do this, then you need seriously to consider how you will encrypt the userid/password you are passing in your security message.

If you pass these in clear then there is no security advantage, as they can be sniffed on the network, and unless you use a cryptographically sound mechanism for encrypting this data, then you may as well not bother at all.

If you intention is to authenticate the sending QM, then I suggest the use of SSL specifying SSLCAUTH and SSLPEER on the receiver channel.

Also delete (or mark un-trusted) all CA certificates in the trust store except the those required for authentication of the communicating parties.

I would question that there is a business need to use a userid/password on the channel. I rather suspect there is a business need to authenticate the sending QMGR, and that someone has suggested a security exit using userid/password as a solution to the business requirement.
ranganathan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I feel SSL is the best option here... you can also check BlockIP2... if you want to restrict the allowed IPs' to your QM..

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » How to pass userid/password from sender chl to receiver chl?
Jump to: