ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » Channel security exit checking # of connections on receiver

Channel security exit checking # of connections on receiver « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Channel security exit checking # of connections on receiver Reply with quote

Padawan

Hello,

for receiving channels i want to add code to my security exit (z/OS, Assembler) that will check for the number of connections to this receiver (and allow only 1 connection). Unfortunately, the supplied exit structures MQCD and MQCXP do not provide any kind of connection counter.
Is there any other possibility / trick / workaround to get the number of connections or to block all connections from the second connection on without the need to inquire the channel status?

yes, i know blockip2 is able to do that, but i already have my own exit in place and want to enhance this one. i do not want to use blockip2
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

As I understand it the source code for blockIp2 is available. Have you looked at how Joergen does it?

Enjoy
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

i am not a c guru, but from what i understood he is going for the channel status
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Channel security exit checking # of connections on recei Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Mr Butcher wrote:
that will check for the number of connections to this receiver (and allow only 1 connection).

This feature is one of many features in both MQAUSX & MQSSX security solutions.
Mr Butcher wrote:
but i already have my own exit in place

Maybe we already have your feature in MQAUSX or MQSSX. Hence, you could get everything in one package.

If not, I'm open to adding new features to either MQAUSX or MQSSX.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Mr Butcher wrote:
Quote:
i am not a c guru, but from what i understood he is going for the channel status

BlockIP2 was changed long time ago to use "shared" memory to boot performance. Using the channel status was how it was done in the old slow one, it was changed back in 2005 and windows in 2006.
The channel status is kept in the BlockIP2 source for easy support for new platforms that have challanges to support shared memory like Windows.

I would use some shared storage to keep track of this, the challange is to "register" it without MODESET MODE=SUP, so it's shareable between channel invocations.

I hope this helps.

-- Lock it or lost it --
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

as i wrote in my first post, i am on z/OS using assembler. but thanks anyway.
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Sorry, it was not to offend you.

There are more ways to have shared storage, it all depends on how you can/will control it..

GETMAIN, but as far as I know to ancor it correctly you need to be in MODESET MODE=SUP/KEY0. This is quite tricky when the module is invoked unauth. Inspiration can be found in SupportPac MS13

Allocate shared storage under USS control, this requires program controlled mode like the way CSQ4BCX3 uses. (I've not tried this approach from ASM).

Use a DATASPACE, whwere the anchor point is handle using the ALETs, normally only accesseble from ASM.

Another thing to consider when working with your logic on a RCVR/RQSTR channel, by just allowing one to run: What about the ADOPT situation, where the SDR is restarted ? I don't know if the new RCVR is comming up before the old one is terminated or MQXR_INIT is presented to the exit before MQXR_TERM is presented for the old one.

-- Lock it or Lose it --
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

sorry if my answer sounded rude...

i think thats way too complicated (for me). i'll go for the channel status then, its only executed at channel start tiime... i just wanted to avoid all this "display chstatus command send and read answer messages " - coding thats why i asked for an alternate solution.....

MQSeries.net Forum Index » User Exits » Channel security exit checking # of connections on receiver
Jump to: