ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Update a work Item Container Member

Update a work Item Container Member « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Matt.Sharpe
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Update a work Item Container Member Reply with quote

Hi guys,

We're trying to update a container member for a workitem using the Java API and every time we try the item vanishes from workflow.

The container member isn't used as a control condition but we've found that every time we check an item back in it simply disappears from workflow. We don't even have a process instance for it so it isn't just in the wrong state its gone completely.

We're trying to update a single variable in the item without triggering any exit conditions but every time we update the item it vanishes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt
vijaycr
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Its difficult t judge what could be wrong.

Posting your process FDL and code that does the checkin of the workitem would help
hos
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Even without having access to your FDL I predict that this works as designed.
Checking in a workitem marks this process step as completed and process navigation continues to the next step. If there is no next step the process instance is finished and eventually gets deleted.

But the details can be seen from the FDL. In addition I recommend reading MQWF Concepts and Architecture
jmac
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I agree with Volker, that this is working as defined. But reading a little more into what you say "We do not even have a process instance", I think that likely you are checking in a work item, which passes all exit conditions, and is an "end" node. I.e. it is either the last activity in the Process Flow or it fails all transition coniditons leading from the activity in question.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Update a work Item Container Member
Jump to: