ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Workflow inputs during runtime

Workflow inputs during runtime « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
harshvajra
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Workflow inputs during runtime Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi all,
How can we pass output(parameters) generated by an exe and use them for next program acitivity.
Following is wht im trying to do :
I have a process model that has program activity nodes and each pointing to some application(in my case standalone java programs).
Now in the runtime when i start the workitems, the appropriate exe is getting fired and it is able to take the input data structure values for the required operations i.e command line parameters as (%Variable name%)and the exe is generating o/p of same data structure now how can i use this generated o/p for next program aitivity.

And i would like to know what is the use of environment property of a program, how can that be used.

Environment :
Windowx XP
MQWK 3.6
MQ 6.0.2
DB2 8.1 Fixpack 7/8 (not sure).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanku.
jmac
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

It sounds like you are using a Fat client and thus a PEA... This should be avoided. Having said that, I assume you are using an <edit> ExecutionService, </edit> ExecutionAgent which allows you to get the Input container, and set the Output container. So as long as you map to the next activity you should not have any problems. Be sure you use the setOutputContainer method

Last edited by jmac on Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
harshvajra
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi mac,
I have looked into Workflow API using java, some how i am able to set and get the in\out data structures, Clarify n Correct me if not.
the steps that i had follwes are:
1. logging to mqwf server
2. get reqqired process template(queryprocesstemplates)
3. get input data structire (perform what ever operation is req)
4. set the new values to output data structure
5 create and start a process instance with inputcontainer
6 logoff.

the first step is being done with defaults (ADMIN and password)
I have 2 program activities, Every thing os going on well except during the processing of next activity in process flow.
I am getting these errors :

"FMC_API_ERROR_ALREADY_LOGGED_ON:User 'ADMIN" is already loggen on."
"FMC_API_ERROR_NOT_LOGGED_ON:User 'AMIN' is not logged on".

What could be the problem ? Is it about multile instances of the same user.
Cant we log into thick client with multile instances of the same user?
Thanks
jmac
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

OK... Sorry, but my last answer said ExecutionService and should have said ExecutionAgent. So I hope I have not confused you.

Now based on what you say it does NOT look to me like you are using an ExecutionAgent. Before we go any further, I need to know how are you accessing MQWF. Are you using the FAT or Thin client?

As to logon, multiple users can log on using the logon2 method as long as the Session Mode is specified as default.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hos
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

You need to distinguish between runtime clients that are usually needed to query and start workitems and activity implementations that usually deal with input and output containers. I assume you are talking about the latter ones when you are talking about your standalone exes.

These programs run under control of a PEA whis is a deprecated component of MQWF that starts exes, passes the input container and receives the output container. There is no need to logon or query for workitems. Just call getContainer and setContainer as John mentioned and in between do your business logic. In your model draw a data link from the output container to wherever these data are needed. Got it?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Workflow inputs during runtime
Jump to: