ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » MQWF mirrored setup

MQWF mirrored setup « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Pats21
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: MQWF mirrored setup Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi All,

We have a scenario to look into.

We have a 3-tier architecture for MQWF
Server 1 - DB2 database
Server 2 - MQWF server
Server 3 - WAS server holding our MQWF web client

We have mirrored all the 3 server onto 3 new servers.

Now, we want to make sure in our new servers that our MQWF starts successfully and make sure that it does not point to the DB2 database and QM on the old servers.

I want to know what are the changes needed to be done to make my MQWF system UP and what are the precautions to be taken to make sure that it does not point to my old QM and DB2 database.

Thanks for any help ..

Pats ...
hos
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Not sure what you mean by 'mirrored'. this will work only if you made exact copies of the boxes, i.e. identical QMGR names, TCP/IP addresses etc. As this is certainly NOT the the case, it will not work because MQWF stores such kind of information in the runtime DB during configuration.

You will need a more sophisticated approach to create a high availability environment of a three tier MQWF setup. For instance, you can use WAS clustering features, MQ load balancing, DB2 mirror features etc.
Pats21
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,

We are not trying to implement a High Availability solution.

We have mirrored all our 3 server as they are ... so everything is the same.

My concern is how will I be sure that once i start my MQWF server, that it will point to the QM and DB2 database on the new servers and not to the server from which I have mirrored.

I hope you got my point.

Pats...
Pats21
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi All,

I guess I was unable to describe my problem very well, as there are no replies to the same.

Do let me know if any of you have need any further inputs to help me out.

Also here is what I have done till now.

I ran the fmczchk utility to check whether my configuration on the new server is correct and the utility showed few errors which I have now resolved. So now the fmczchk utility does not return any errors.
But still when I try to start the MQWF server it does not start and gives the following error in fmcerr.log file:

Report creation = 05/13/08 01:10:14 PM
Related message = FMC31050E An error has occurred which has terminated processing.

Error location = File=/projects/fmc/drve/lbld/v360/solaris/src/fmcrrstx.cxx, Line=659, Function=NA
Error data = FmcTransXException, ReturnCode=2121

I checked the 'fmcrc' file for the Configuration Profile and found that the below entries are pointing to my old servers:

Configuration/FMC/RTDB2Instance
Configuration/FMC/MQCommunicationAddress

I guess if we change these properties, my MQWF server will try to point to my new servers where my QM and RTDB are running.

However, I am not sure how do I change these settings.
I tried the fmczutil utility but was not able to figure it out.

Hope anyone has understood my problem and is able to help.
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Pats ...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » MQWF mirrored setup
Jump to: