ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » Failed .Net/MQ/SqlSrvr05 Put in TransactionScope=no rollbck?

Failed .Net/MQ/SqlSrvr05 Put in TransactionScope=no rollbck? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: The MQ Queue Manager and the .Net App were on the same s Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

costasz wrote:
I am reading WebSphere "MQ Solutions in a Microsoft .NET Environment". Can u point me to the relevant info in there?

No, I'm referring to "Using .NET", the actual manual for the .NET support rather than the redbook.
costasz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: The MQ Queue Manager and the .Net App were on the same s Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
costasz wrote:
I am reading WebSphere "MQ Solutions in a Microsoft .NET Environment". Can u point me to the relevant info in there?

No, I'm referring to "Using .NET", the actual manual for the .NET support rather than the redbook.

Thanks, I got it. We are about to test it using
NMQ_MQ_LIB value Connection type mqm.dll for Server bindings
costasz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Changed our Code to use MQEnvironment and we connected Reply with quote

Novice

In server binding mode by setting the Hostname and channel to null. Out two-way phase commit transactions still don't work. We checked and the DTC entries are set in the registry.

Thanks
costasz
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Novice

MQ is not enlisting in the DTC transaction. This works fine on a standalone server. On this cluster it does not.
Issues addressed:
1) MQ and IIS are now in the same Cluster Group.
2) IIS worker process (thru a web service call) is the process that puts messages on MQ and also writes to SQL Server 2005.
3) The process connects to the queuemanager through local binding (used MQEnvironment to make that work by setting channel name and hostname to null).
4) DTC has these MQ dlls in the registry
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSDTC\XADLL]
"mtxoci.dll"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\mtxoci.dll"
"amqmtsxatm.dll "="C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\WebSphere MQ\\bin\\amqmtsxatm.dll"
"amqmtsxatmc.dll"="C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\WebSphere MQ\\bin\\amqmtsxatmc.dll"

The code is executed inside a .Net 2.0 TransactionScope. When an exception is thrown (intentionally) we can see that only SQL Server 2005 has enlisted. MQ has not.

Any more ideas?

Thanks
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

costasz wrote:
3) The process connects to the queuemanager through local binding (used MQEnvironment to make that work by setting channel name and hostname to null).

IIRC you still need to change the trasnport type don't you?
costasz
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
costasz wrote:

IIRC you still need to change the trasnport type don't you?

I don't know. When I did not set channel name and hostname to null, the MQ Client complained that it could not connect so I assume it was still trying to make a remote connection. Once I nulled those properties out, it connected without having specified a channel or hostname so it had to have used a local binding, don't you think? If not, I'll change the transport type through the registry as well.

Thanks
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

costasz wrote:
Once I nulled those properties out, it connected without having specified a channel or hostname so it had to have used a local binding, don't you think? If not, I'll change the transport type through the registry as well.

Unless there's a channel table somewhere it's using.

Why the registry? I thought transport was set at environment level through MQEnvironment?

Shows what I know. Maybe you're right, it doesn't work & you need a PMR.
costasz
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
costasz wrote:
Once I nulled those properties out, it connected without having specified a channel or hostname so it had to have used a local binding, don't you think? If not, I'll change the transport type through the registry as well.

Unless there's a channel table somewhere it's using.

Why the registry? I thought transport was set at environment level through MQEnvironment?

Shows what I know. Maybe you're right, it doesn't work & you need a PMR.

Yeah, I don't see a direct way to set that thru MQEnvironment. I think it's figured out indirectly by the values in Hostname and Channel. What's a PMR? Program manager?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

costasz wrote:
What's a PMR? Program manager?

Program Maintenance Request? Report? I knew once.

IBM Help Desk ticket to report a fault in the software
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

costasz wrote:
[eah, I don't see a direct way to set that thru MQEnvironment. I think it's figured out indirectly by the values in Hostname and Channel

I was thinking of MQC.TRANSPORT_PROPERTY in MQEnviroment.properties.

It's inferred from more than that. There's a table in the manual (I just looked it up).
costasz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
costasz wrote:
[eah, I don't see a direct way to set that thru MQEnvironment. I think it's figured out indirectly by the values in Hostname and Channel

It's inferred from more than that. There's a table in the manual (I just looked it up).

Thanks, I'll look it up
costasz
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Two phase commit is still a problem Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
costasz wrote:

I added that property to the MQEnvironment.properties. It did not make a difference really as we were already connecting to the local queue manager successfully without specifying a host or channel. Unfortunately, MQ is still not enlisting in the DTC transaction.
JasonE
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Does the transaction exist when the connection to the queue manager is made? (More precisely, is there a COM context when the connect is made?).

If there is no com context at connect time, then the DTC integration with the transaction wont come into effect even if one appears (as a decision on how to handle the connection needs to be made early)
costasz
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: I was told that the following code would start a COM+ contex Reply with quote

Novice

using(TransactionScope scope = new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Required, options, EnterpriseServicesInteropOption.Full) )
{
liviur
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: PutMessageOptions incomplete Reply with quote

Novice

Regardless if you're using a class derived from ServicedComponent or the TransactionScope class, you'll have to "OR" the PutMessageOptions Options property with MQC.MQGMO_SYNCPOINT otherwise MQ will not participate in the transaction.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » Failed .Net/MQ/SqlSrvr05 Put in TransactionScope=no rollbck?
Jump to: