ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Using Log4j with WESB

Using Log4j with WESB « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
venky
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Using Log4j with WESB Reply with quote

Master

Hi,

Iam trying to use log4j in my mediation module's java component. I am running wid with wesb, wps test environment.

1. I added the log4j jar file in the build path, so I was able to successfully import the java classes in my code.

2. However, I was not able to run the sample because of runtime errors. (I have copied the log4j jar file to the bi_v6/lib folder and restarted the server).

Has anyone been through such a problem? Also where should I store the log4j config files for the runtime to access it ?

Thanks a lot,
V.
LazyBoy
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Put the jar file under bi_v6/lib/ext and restart the server.

During runtime it picks up from the above folder.
mq2wps
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Using Log4j with WESB Reply with quote

Novice

Alternatly in the WAS Admin console under tab Environment>Shared Libraries define a folder and place your Jars in that folder.

Add the defined library under Application servers > server1 > Class loader > with class loader mode being parent first.

Restart the Process Server.
JLRowe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

You could also use java.util.logging which is built-in to JDK1.4, you can then control the logging levels through the WAS console.

Or, use jakarta commons logging which defers logging to the API it finds at runtime.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Using Log4j with WESB
Jump to: