ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ UDFs for DB2 in linux zSeries...supported?

MQ UDFs for DB2 in linux zSeries...supported? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Edrick
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: MQ UDFs for DB2 in linux zSeries...supported? Reply with quote

Novice

Does anyone know if the Db2 Websphere MQ functions actually work in a linux zSeries (64-bit) Db2 9/MQ 6 environment? I'm running a java application with a db2 database and Queue Manager that have been tested before and works on a windows environment and/or a linux 32-bit. But it doesn't communicate on the zSeries (both DB2 and MQ are on the same machine).

I even tested the simple db2 command "values db2mq.mqsend('123')" against the default queue manager and it doesn't work either on that machine and gives the same error (error shown at the bottom of this post).

Are these UDF MQ Functions supported on zSeries (do they actually work)?

Thanks,
Edrick

Error:
SQL0443N Routine "DB2MQ.MQSEND" (specific name "MQSEND3") has returned an error SQLSTATE with diagnostic text "rc=49=amSesOpen"). SQLSTATE=38H01
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Are there any errors in MQ Error log at the same time?

Have you enabled tracing of the MQ Functions, per the DB2 InfoCenter?
Edrick
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

The Information Center (Help Center?) doesn't give any clues of the error.

But regarding the MQ error logs, I don't see any error generated today, or any error whatsoever on the /var/mqm/error files (AMQxxx.0.FDC) with the latest timestamp. Also there's no error on the logs found for the dafault queue manager (/var/mqm/qmgrs/DB2MQ_DEFAULT_MQM/errors/AMQERRO1.LOG) nor the queue manager of my system (/var/mqm/qmgrs/MYQMGRNAME/errors/AMQERRO1.LOG). I only see normal logs of the channel initiator, repository manager and command server; starting without problems. I don't think the MQ UDFs are even reaching the queue managers.

The strange thing is that is not even reaching the running DB2MQ_DEFAULT_MQM queue manager with the simple "values db2mq.mqsend('123')" and gives the same error. I think the MQ alone is working fine, since I tested the sample scripts that came with MQ (amqsput, amqsget) and they post and get messages. But the DB2 MQ UDFs don't work.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Edrick wrote:
The Information Center (Help Center?) doesn't give any clues of the error.

Yeah... I looked. I was able to get sort of partial information, but there doesn't seem to be any good documentation on the actual errors/etc. from the MQ functions. The SQL error just says "an external function failed", and the SQLSTATE just says "An MQ function failed". Thanks, guys! Maybe I should file a feedback.

Edrick wrote:
But the DB2 MQ UDFs don't work.

Right, that's why I'm hoping that enabling MQ function tracing, ala http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.ii.db2udb.foundation.appdev.fed.mq.doc/developing/iiynafmqtrace.html
will shed a little more light.

I couldn't find any of the caveats about zLinux in the system requirements, etc., that I might have expected to see - about "MQ Functions don't work on zLinux" or "the following features not supported on zLinux". So I think they are *supposed* to work.
Edrick
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Sharing the solution:

You'll have to create the following soft links before enabling the MQ Functions or you will be using the wrong UDFs:

on /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib64

libmqmcs_r.so -> /opt/mqm/lib64/libmqmcs_r.so
libmqmcs.so -> /opt/mqm/lib64/libmqmcs.so
libmqm_r.so -> /opt/mqm/lib64/libmqm_r.so
libmqm.so -> /opt/mqm/lib64/libmqm.so
libmqmzse.so -> /opt/mqm/lib64/libmqmzse.so
libmqz.so -> /opt/mqm/lib64/libmqz.so
libmqz.so -> /opt/mqm/lib64/libmqz_r.so

on /home/db2inst1/sqllib/lib32

libmqmcs_r.so -> /opt/mqm/lib/libmqmcs_r.so
libmqmcs.so -> /opt/mqm/lib/libmqmcs.so
libmqm_r.so -> /opt/mqm/lib/libmqm_r.so
libmqm.so -> /opt/mqm/lib/libmqm.so
libmqmzse.so -> /opt/mqm/lib/libmqmzse.so
libmqz.so -> /opt/mqm/lib/libmqz.so
libmqz.so -> /opt/mqm/lib/libmqz_.so

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ UDFs for DB2 in linux zSeries...supported?
Jump to: