ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » To check if the cluster is working fine.

To check if the cluster is working fine. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ms_mq
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: To check if the cluster is working fine. Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi ,
I have a question related to Mq clustering.

I have n number of queue managers connected in a MQ cluster .The cluster sender and receiver channels are defined. What is the best way to confirm if a particular queue manager is still communicating with another queue manager in the same cluster?

The problem iam facing is one QM(MQ1) in the cluster is not able to send messages to other QM(MQ2) in the same cluster. I don't have access to the MQ1. I am able to see MQ1 when i give dis clusqmgr command on MQ2. But, the clussdr and clusrcvr channels are not running .
MQ3 is repository QM which i can't access.How to find out if there is a real problem with the cluster.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: To check if the cluster is working fine. Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ms_mq wrote:
But, the clussdr and clusrcvr channels are not running .

Do you mean inactive or stopped? The first is ok, the second indicates a problem.
ms_mq
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: To check if the cluster is working fine. Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

Thanks for your mail.
It is a sun solaris box and when i gave the command dis chs(*) it is not showing the channels. Is there any other ways to confirm this?
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: To check if the cluster is working fine. Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

ms_mq wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your mail.
It is a sun solaris box and when i gave the command dis chs(*) it is not showing the channels. Is there any other ways to confirm this?

That means that they are "inactive".

what happens when you try to send a message to a queue on the other qmgr?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: To check if the cluster is working fine. Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

jefflowrey wrote:
ms_mq wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your mail.

That means that they are "inactive".

what happens when you try to send a message to a queue on the other qmgr?

As you do this you might want to keep an eye on the qmgrs error logs. Just to make sure you don't have any problems.

Enjoy

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » To check if the cluster is working fine.
Jump to: