ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Performance Monitoring » Editing Messages.

Editing Messages. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Editing Messages. Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

All:

I have received some emails lately about what kinds of tools are available to edit messages in a queue (not monitor - edit / browse).

So I thought I would post a message for everyone to comment on and for new users to see what is available in the MQ market space.

I have used the following:

- PQEdit (all platforms) is on the expense side but it is very good (ok - a little personal biases). The last time I looked, the supported platforms were OS/390, WinNT/2000, Solaris, AIX & HP-UX.
    - IBM's MQExplorer on WinNT/2000 only can view messages but only the first 1024 bytes (1KB). Really, really limiting.
    - IBM's AMQSGBR0 is a command line tool that prints the data to the screen / console and is available on most distributed platforms. It does work but is very primitive and not user friendly.
    - IBM's MQBRO is for OS/390 (MVS) only from SupportPac MQ10 (I believe) and is free. It is a very, very basic message browser (you can only view the first 32KB of the message). But it does work.

later
Roger...
jhalstead
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

support packs MO71 & MS0H provide the ability to browse messages on queues.

Patrol MQSeries Knowledge Module provides the ability to browse messages. A command line tool QMM is also available which I believe give some editting functionality.
dgolding
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Hi,

There is a browse utility in Patrol, but non-text messages are not displayed that clearly. It's also awkward to use IMHO - you can't resize the output window, you can't directly copy what is on the screen (have to dump it to another window and then copy it in). I prefer AMQSBCG and pipe the output into a file
bigzeke
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: contact admin MMF Reply with quote

i've been using contact admin MMF (Message Management Facility) to browse and edit messages on a queue. you can do just about anything imagineable to a message while it's on a queue with this tool. you can edit the message, change the header information, search for a message, re-route messages, strip DLH off messages in DLQ and re-route to original destination or back to sender, delete messages, put test messages, etc....

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Performance Monitoring » Editing Messages.
Jump to: