ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » jdbcdriverpath in JDBC connector batch file

jdbcdriverpath in JDBC connector batch file « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kirans
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: jdbcdriverpath in JDBC connector batch file Reply with quote

Novice

Hi
Do anyone can answer what changes does the batch file START_JDBC requires to run. When i RUN, IT DOES NOT RUN.

what values should be put for JDBCDRIVERPATH variable

thanks
Ratan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The path to your JDBC driver jar file.
kirans
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

what else does it require to change in the batch file to make the adapter running?
recallsunny
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

What ERRORS do you see when you RUN your adapter.
Ratan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

correct the JDBCPATH entry and post further exceptions.
kirans
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Sorry for my ignorance. The database I am connecting is ORACLE 9.2. I have no idea about Jar file. Can you please some one reply exactly text for the jdbcdriverpath var.

Also, where does it keep its error message? Does it have its own log file or keeps in the same log file
recallsunny
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Search for classes111.zip or classes12.jar/zip and include its path in your connector startup script.

Im not sure if I understand your question about Log files.... Have you configured the Connector and created a CFG out of it? Have you specified the Trace/Log Files tab in the connector configurator? Have you included the CFG path in the startup shortcut before you tried running the connector.
kirans
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

This is the last problem I got while running the jdbcconnector. Do anyone has any idea about this problem?

[Time: 2005/11/11 13:10:25.481] [System: ConnectorAgent] [SS: JDBCConnector] [Thread: wbia_main (#1083367292)] [Type: Fatal Error] [Mesg: No response from connector controller. It is probably not running yet. Reason: JDBCConnector. Retrying...]
Ratan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Make sure your connector controller is running. The one you are running from the command prompt is the connector agent.

You should see the connector controller by connecting your system manager to ICS server.
kirans
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

thanks guys who helped me in this. I got the adapter working. Now I have one more question.

we configure the three tables as prerequisite in database for ics/jdbc connector purpose. Where do we mention which table the data received from the GBO will be stored?
urs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

In the database you might have created some tables using the SQL statements before starting the connector components. So once you have all your ICS components running, you put some message in the queue and the relevant data will be written to your Oracle 9i database tables that you created.

You can check what data has been written by opening the SQL worksheet and runnning the following SQL command:

select * from (tablename that you specified earlier while creating table)

Then you can also check for the status which says either "processed" or "notprocessed" in the same !

-urs
urs
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Generally, if the data has been processed, it will be written to the parent folder of the three folders that you created as prerequisites.

Too much spoonfeeding !
djeripo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

URS Wrote:
Quote:
So once you have all your ICS components running, you put some message in the queue and the relevant data will be written to your Oracle 9i database tables that you created

What do you mean by putting message in a Queue?I have not seen any application putting message in a queue and thereafter that data being written into a DB table on using a JDBC Adapter .What all I know is,JDBC Adapter polls from the EventTable

URS Wrote:

Quote:
Generally, if the data has been processed, it will be written to the parent folder of the three folders that you created as prerequisites.

Which three folders?Are you talking about folders in a scenario where JDBC adapter polls from event table?Or, are you getting confused from folders and tables?I mean did you meant to say Archive Table,Event Table and UID table.Before you state something please make yourself clear so that vistors to this site need not spend much time in intepreting all the stuff you have written.After all time is precious.
urs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Assuming the source side adapter here MQ, I was referring about the message in the input queue.

That's right.. Based on what "kirans" wrote, I meant Archive, Event and UID tables.

You already caught my point...
Ratan
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
we configure the three tables as prerequisite in database for ics/jdbc connector purpose. Where do we mention which table the data received from the GBO will be stored?

The table name where the data needs to be written to should be in the ASI Information tab of your ASBO.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » jdbcdriverpath in JDBC connector batch file
Jump to: