ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Sample Data Handler [Binary Files] - Jtext Adapter

Sample Data Handler [Binary Files] - Jtext Adapter « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
lehare
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Sample Data Handler [Binary Files] - Jtext Adapter Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi there guys,

I have set up a Jtext Adapter to handle comma delimited files, and its working perfectly fine ... but now i wanna tweak it to accept binary files ... but i've read in the Jtext adapter guide that i would have to build my own data hanlder [I have limited programming experince]

is there any sample binary data handler that i can use?

thanx for any help
lehare.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

You're better off scrapping JText and using something else.

If you're really trying to perform general purpose file to queue and queue to file transfers, then you should look at CommerceQuest's PM4Data.

In an enterprise situation, you will rapidly run into situations that it will be extremely difficult to handle with JText - message reply, transfer visibility, security, etc.
lehare
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanx jefflowrey for the quick reply,

But i've just been intructed to make the Jtext solution to work, but i will keep on highlighting the potential risks.

but in the mean time will it be possible for me to get my hands on a binary data handler - or will i have to ask one of my java coders to 'custom develop' one for me?
dunesand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

You can set the JText adapter to read from binary files.

A snippet from the guide for the Meta Object for the Jtext adapter:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbix_adapters.doc/doc/jtext/jtextxp_27.htm

Quote:
DataProcessing Mode

This attribute provides new flexibility for reading and writing binary files. When set to Binary, this MO property enables JText to read and write binary files from the file system while calling the appropriate data handler interface for BO to byte array and vice versa transformations. The traditional setting for this is Text. In Text mode, the BO to String and vice versa data handler interface is used. When the property is not set, it defaults to Text. Binary mode should only be used with a data handler that appropriately implements the getBO(byte[]) and getByteArrayFromBO() methods.

The last sentence caught my attention, so with this flag set, you need a data handler that correctly takes the byet array and transforms it into a BO, and vice versa.

If you got the custom route (which may be your only option) then make sure your java guys know what methods are required, and how to extract the data required for configuration from the meta object.

Finally, as one last shot, try the complex data handler that is built to handle all sorts of data. If you're lucky, what you're trying to parse is already supported.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbia_developer.doc/doc/data_handler/datahand47.htm

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Sample Data Handler [Binary Files] - Jtext Adapter
Jump to: