ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Parsing .bo files

Parsing .bo files « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
fponcet
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Parsing .bo files Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

I have realized that you can create/save/load business object data into .bo files utilizing the TestConnector and Map designer tools. You can also copy/paste the content of a .bo file from the ICS log.

Question 1: are there other ways to create these objects?

I am developing a Stub connector and I would like to automatically read these .bo files and send them as the connector response. I realized that the business objects have a dump() method to write data in .bo format, but I have not seen a method to parse that .bo text file format.

Question 2: is there a parser (any class in the API) that takes as input one .bo text file and creates one instance of the BusinessObject class? I think that class should exist as both TestConnector and Map designer are able to read these files.

Thanks in advance,

Felipe Poncet[/b]
dunesand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hey there,

From my (very) limited knowledge of ICS I'd say that you can't do what you're trying to do, easily anyway, using the BO data structure.

If you want to create a "stub" connector, why not just use a a JText adapter to write to a file with a dafault name/value data handler. You could then use the same adapter to read from this file using the same data handler.

Obviously the functionality exists to read in BO's somewhere in tool set that comes with ICS, whether it's exposed via an easily accessible interface is another story.
fponcet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

dunesand wrote:
Hey there,

From my (very) limited knowledge of ICS I'd say that you can't do what you're trying to do, easily anyway, using the BO data structure.

If you want to create a "stub" connector, why not just use a a JText adapter to write to a file with a dafault name/value data handler. You could then use the same adapter to read from this file using the same data handler.

The point of utilizing .bo files was:
- take business object values / examples from the logs
- use the tools that we have to easily build .bo objects, like the test utilitiy in the map designer or the TestConnector

Thank you,

Felipe
dunesand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Isn't the StubConnector the Test Connector then?

I'm assuming that if you're going to be looking through the logs for the message, then you're not looking for an automatic system?
fponcet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

dunesand wrote:
Isn't the StubConnector the Test Connector then?

I'm assuming that if you're going to be looking through the logs for the message, then you're not looking for an automatic system?

The TestConnector is not automatic. You have to manually load objects and push buttons.

An automatic Unit test has one input and one expected output. The input is processed and the output should be compared to the expected output automatically.
dunesand
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I wrote more of this in your Unit Testing question.

If this is your angle, then there is no need for a BO parser. If you need to pull something from the log, then something's presumably gone wrong with the message not being outputted. This will then require you to press lots of buttons in order to get it moving again!

With ICS, I'd tend towards the black box approach, which means everything you feed in is generated externally, and then examined/compared externally.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Parsing .bo files
Jump to: