ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Discovering common XML objects

Discovering common XML objects « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jonkvi
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Discovering common XML objects Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm using the XML ODA to import XML schema based message definitions as ASBOs. The message structure contains a lot of shared data structures, e.g. addresses, sku-fields, that are all defined in common schemas. However, when I import them using the ODA, it recreates the common information as message-specific information. These comes in hundreds of common fields, in about a dozen messages, resulting a few thousands of business objects with a 90% redundancy. And that is a problem.

To clarify with a simplified example.
I've got a Customer and a Supplier objects, both containg an Address. The Address type is the very same for both, and updates of it should apply everywhere, ie both Customer and Supplier should use the same Address type. But instead I get a Customer_Address and a Supplier_Address business object.
Instead of
Code:

OBJECT Customer
             address : Address
OBJECT Supplier
             address : Address
OBJECT Address

we get
Code:

OBJECT Customer
             address : Customer_Address
OBJECT Customer_Address
OBJECT Supplier
             address : Supplier_Address
OBJECT Supplier_Address

Any ideas how to work around this in a managble fashin, without having to develop a new ODA?

Regards,
contact admin
adriandragos
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

XML data handler has some requirements for Application Specific Information (ASI). Look at ASI at BO level and at attribute level that ODA generated. If ASI is the same for all ASBO definitions generated for shared data structures then you can use only one BO definition for all. If some properties are different (target namespaces, element names, qualified or unqualified names, etc.) then you may have to use many BO definitions, as generated by ODA, or in some cases even create more.

You can not configure XML ODA to generate the BO names in the format you want. You can try to decompile the code to see how the name is constructed and if you extend some classes (probably XMLBOSpecBuilder and XMLAgent) you may obtain the desired behavior.

Good luck
Adrian
urs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Simple and best way is to try opening in Altova xml spy and goto XML tab on the top and hit "Check Wellformedness" Validate etc.

you can figure out !

Good Luck
- URS

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Discovering common XML objects
Jump to: