ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » CICS transaction abends - Linux MQ 6.0

CICS transaction abends - Linux MQ 6.0 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: CICS transaction abends - Linux MQ 6.0 Reply with quote

Poobah

MQClient app, Java, running on a Solaris server makes a client connection to a Windows 2000 server running MQ 5.3.0.11, where the QM resides. It then forwards the message to a z/OS QM (5.3), where a CICS transaction is triggered. Been working fine for years.

MQClient app switches from the Windows QM to a Linux MQ 6.0 QM, and does the exact same transaction, and the CICS app abends, somewhere after the MQ calls have passed off the message to the calling app.

????

Works fine when Windows MQ 5.3.0.11 is the originating QM, abends when Linux MQ 6.0 is the originating QM?

So we used Transaction Vision to compare the 2 messages as they hit the triggered queue on the mainframe, and also stopped the trigger and browsed the messages and headers with QPASA. They are IDENTICAL, save for the ReplyToQM and the Put time (big deal).
The only 2 things that are different in the MQMD are:
The accounting token is "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00" when it originates from Linux MQ 6.0, and "16 01 05 15 00 00 00 EB 25 79 2C 32 62 1F 2A 82 8B A6 28 F1 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0B" when it comes from Windows 5.3.
The userID is abc (lowercase) when coming from Linux MQ 6.0, and ABC (uppercase) when coming from Windows 5.3. (We have a lowercase MCAUSER hardcoded on the SVRCONN channel in both cases, but Windows is folding it to uppercase)

Could either of these 2 differences cause abends? We are awaiting the app area on the CICS side to tell us what the cause of the abend actually is, but in the meantime, "Its an MQ problem!", and to be honest, I can't prove them otherwise right now, but how could it be if the data buffer is exactly the same byte for byte between the good transaction and the bad one?????
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Have you tried with an MCAuser on the MF side of the channel?
That should fold it to the case needed right ?
Isn't the usage of accounting token something you can turn on or off in V6 ?

Hope this helps some.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I looked in the manuals, and don't see anything about turning the acounting token on or off. Could that cause the CICS app to bomb?

While I could hard code an MCAUSER on the MF QM's RCVR channel, that would not alter the message's MQMD's UserIdentifier value.
wschutz
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

So, you're not using the MQ/CICS bridge, this is a good old CKTI triggered transaction?

it seems unlikely that the accounting token is used by the application (what would it do with the SID?), perhaps they are using the MQMD.UserID somehow?

Methinks you need to wait to see why they think they are abending ....
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

wschutz wrote:
So, you're not using the MQ/CICS bridge, this is a good old CKTI triggered transaction?

Yah, CKTI triggered.

This one really has us puzzled. And everyone keeps saying its a Linux MQ 6.0 problem. I'll keep you posted.

The Accounting Token is not passed out of the module that executes the MQ calls, so the abending module does not even have access to that.

What ID does the transaction run as? The ID of the CICS Trigger monitor? Or the ID in the MQMD of the application message that caused the trigger? But even if it was an ID problem, wouldn't we see a RACF error earlier, instead of some mystery abend long after the MQ calls have completed?
wschutz
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

CKTI runs the transactions as the default CICS userid. . I was speculating that perhaps the application was using the MQMD.UserID can then making a EC SECURITY call....
wschutz
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

wschutz wrote:
CKTI runs the transactions as the default CICS userid. I was speculating that perhaps the application was using the MQMD.UserID and then making a EC SECURITY call....

kevinf2349
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Peter

It may be a red herring here but....what Mainframe security system do you have? We have ACF2 and I recall having to allow lowercase in the ACF2 rules table for something. I 'think' without it ACF2 folds the userid.

As I say it may be a total false lead but I thought I would mention it just in case.

Good luck
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Duh. Duh. Duh.

The new QM Alias we hade set up had an extra . in the name of the XMITQ that it pointed to. So when the CICS app went to put the reply, it failed when it tried to MQOPEN the new QM name, and worked when it used the old QM name. The module with the MQ calls correctly highlighted the MQOPEN failed, and why, but the calling module simply dies when it gets a non 0 RC from the MQ module, so we had nothing to go on. Yeah, we told them the reason it failed was an MQ problem (typo). And the reason it took 2 days instead of 2 minutes to resolve was because they didn't write the program as well as it could have been.

I used MO71 to capture a message that failed, and one by one started changing the fields in the MQMD and replaying the message. (The fact that MO71 captures the buffer and the header in plain text makes it a snap to edit).It had nothing to do with the UserID or the Accounting Token. Changing them had no effect. But as soon as I changed the ReplyToQM, it worked, and that pointed us to the QM Alias.
haqshaik
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hello Gurus,
wschutz wrote:
CKTI runs the transactions as the default CICS userid. I was speculating that perhaps the application was using the MQMD.UserID and then making a EC SECURITY call....

I am curious to know the way to invoke the transaction/application runing using the user id MQMD.userid with the CKTI transaction. In my case the messages are comming from the unix box and the MQMD.userid will be populated depeding on the environment.

I have looked into the manuals and posted in the forum as well. But i did not get a satisfied answer.

Any thoughts will be helpful..

Thanks,
Salauddin
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Quote:
I am curious to know the way to invoke the transaction/application runing using the user id MQMD.userid with the CKTI transaction. In my case the messages are comming from the unix box and the MQMD.userid will be populated depeding on the environment.

I have looked into the manuals and posted in the forum as well. But i did not get a satisfied answer.

Currently NO. You might be able to get a hint from the MQ-CICS Bridge.... I do a similar thing...

When this is said, I also have to say, you can write your own trigger monitor, starting the transactions using the userid, and pass the message in a safe way, so the process retrieves the right message.
Maybe somone should write such an trigger monitor.... I can't find the time....

I'm shure I had answered this question before somewhere, and is the search button didn't come up with anything, it wasn't here..
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16478&highlight=userid+ckti
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24212&highlight=userid+ckti
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13585&highlight=userid+ckti
Next how can you be shure that the userid in MQMD is correct ??
Have you authentication on the box, and also in the client channels ??
Just interesting ...

Just my $0.02
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » CICS transaction abends - Linux MQ 6.0
Jump to: