ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » I can't find my OS/390 error messages. Help!

I can't find my OS/390 error messages. Help! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
decaf
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: I can't find my OS/390 error messages. Help! Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I'm an experienced MQ Admin on the distributed side, but I'm just getting my feet wet with OS/390.

We experienced a channel problem recently where a sender channel went into a retrying status. I want to determine a root cause since this is a partner company we are communicating with.

We use Candle Command Center as our monitoring tool. CCC reports 6 events for the channel during the timeperiod the channel was having problems. All are Channel Stop events with ErrorIdentifiers of 20009208 (AMQ9208) and 20009202 (AMQ9202) (It seems Candle converts CSQxxxx return codes to the AMQxxx equivilant).

Here's the problem... I can't find any of these error messages in the xxxMSTR or xxxxCHIN JESMSGLG. I thought this was the correct place to look? Or, are they in the SYSOUT of the xxxMSTR and xxxxCHIN jobs?

Is it possible the OS/390 system programmers have suppressed these error messages?

Thanks.
offshore
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

DeCaf,

Any channel related events will be in the xxxxCHIN joblog. It could certainly be possible that those messages could be supresses.

Check SYS1.PARMLIB(MPFLSTxx) and see what messages are supressed.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » I can't find my OS/390 error messages. Help!
Jump to: