ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Help : Triggering a CICS transaction

Help : Triggering a CICS transaction « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
magesh_chandren
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Help : Triggering a CICS transaction Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

We have a request-remote queue and local-reply queue on the NT server machine and a local-request Queue on the Mainframe MQ server.

Once a message is put into the request-remote queue on NT server, it is routed to the request-local queue on the Mainframe. Once this happens, a CICS transaction is triggered which fetches the data from the queue

The questions I have regarding this are:
1) Dont we need to explicitly esatablish a connection with the queue in the CICS-COBOL program that is triggered?

Once this is done, I need to post a reply to the message and I would be fetching the details of the Reply-Queue and Reply-Queue manager from the MQMD structure of the message fetched earlier. But now I would have to establish a connection to the reply-queue on the NT server.
2) So will it be enough for me use MQCONN and specify the Reply-Queue manager name or will I have to specify other options like IP address of the NT server. If so where should I specify these options?

Thanks in advance
Magesh
EddieA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

1. Once the transaction has ben triggered, yes you will have to OPEN the Queue and GET the message. How else will the transaction know what to do.

2. Under CICS, you can only connect to a single Queue Manager. In fact, it's CICS that does the connection. The MQCONN is (or was last time I used it) a no-op. You will just reply, setting the reply-to Queue Manager and Queue Name and MQ will route the message back. Providing it has been set up correctly. . It would need to know which XMIT Queue to place the message on. The usual standard is the your XMIT queue names match the name of the Queue Manager they 'point' to.

Point 2 is how most (if not all) reply scenarios work. You would not normally connect directly to to reply Queue Manager.

Cheers,
magesh_chandren
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Eddie,

One more issue I am having is that I have been given a user ID which can be used with the transaction ID which will be triggered once the queue is populated with some message.

Is there any option by which I can specify that user ID somewhere? Could it be that I need to specify that as the alternate user ID in the object descriptor?

Regards,
Karthik
EddieA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. Are you expecting to have the triggered transaction to run as that ID. Or do you just need this as 'data' within the transaction.

Cheers,
magesh_chandren
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Eddie,

The document I have says that I need that ID to access the Queues. Am I any clearer?
EddieA
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

In which case, you need it before you OPEN the Queue. Having it in the Message is "Locking the keys inside the safe".

Cheers,
bob_buxton
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

The triggered application will run under the same CICS userid as the trigger monitor (CKTI) which, if it was started during MQ adapter startup, is likely to be the CICS default userid.

It is not possible using the supplied trigger monitor to specify a different userid for the triggered application to be started under.

The MQ-CICS bridge does provide a mechanism that allows a transaction to be started with the userid contained in the incoming message.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » Help : Triggering a CICS transaction
Jump to: