ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Switching Embeded MQ to Full Version Full installation

Switching Embeded MQ to Full Version Full installation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
cots
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Switching Embeded MQ to Full Version Full installation Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi All,

We are switching from embedded JMS MQ to External JMS which using Full version of MQ on the same box. Can someone pls point me the document of how to do that?

Thanks in advance
kman
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

the documentation link is at the top of this page, really!

The documentation you need is really on the WAS and WMQ integration, and not something from WMQ. I've done a few of this 'upgrade' and the thing I remember is you need to stop all WMQ services (and WAS). Make sure none is running at all.
Install the new WMQ full version, possibly at the same location. If not, you have to specify the new location also in the WAS config section (Path). Opt to keep the data if asked and don't create a default queue manager.
Everyting should be straight forward.

What I found that could be a problem was installation directory. If you install somewhere else than the location of the embedded, then you need to amend the path in WAS.

Good luck.
- sorry could not help further, this is off the head.
cots
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thank you for the reply, I have few furthur questions.

1. Let say if all installation went through and all services(WAS, WMQ) back to running. should I do anything with the WAS internal JMS/MDB setup? should I reconfig all of them to use external WMQ?

2. Is it possible that WAS internal JMS/MDB use default queue manager on external WQI? so if it is, then I just have to make sure no default queue manager will be created as you suggested. after that I don't have to reconfig any of MQ stuff on WAS internal JMS. RIGHT???

2. BTW, What port does WAS5.0 embedded queue manager is using?

Many Thanks for helping me out on this
bower5932
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

I have the full-MQ product installed on my system, and I treat it as if it was embedded JMS (ie, it is set so that WAS starts it). I run multiple queue managers on my machine (none happen to be the default). The WAS qmgr gets stopped/started automatically. It was created via the createmq script when I created my app server. Instead of port 1414, it uses 5558.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Switching Embeded MQ to Full Version Full installation
Jump to: