ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Problem in Server -Server model in MQ

Problem in Server -Server model in MQ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqcurious
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all !

I am using Server-Server model for MQ.
In this i am using a Java program to write in the local queue of the local queue manager.

The problem is that whenever i am putting the message on the queue of local queue manager it is not getting transmitted to the the local definition of the remote queue.

I have started the required channels and listener.I have also defined the transmit queue.

Could someone help me out in locating the potential source of error.

Also do we need to keep the name of the transmit queue same as that of the remote queue manager?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

Regards,
mqcurious.
Glen Shubert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

It sounds like you need to put the message to the remote queue definition instead of a local queue definition, unless you have a process that will pick up the message and write it to the remote queue.

TSYS
StefanSievert
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Suggestion: Please post your queue and channel definitions of both queue managers and indicate, which queue manager is your source, which queue you are putting to and on which queue you expect the message to end up on. It's hard to help from the information you'ev provided.
Stefan

shaikhkamal_77
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Web Server(for servlets and html) and MQSeries Server are in the same machine
I have made the following definitions in MQSeries Server:
QM2-local Queue Manager
RQD2-Remote Queue Definition
LQ1-Local Queue
TMQ1-Local Transmission Queue
CH1-Sender Channel
The above definitions are used by my servlet programs
In RQD2 I have specified the Remote Queue Manager Name as QMVB2 which is running on another machine and Remote Queue Name is specified as LQ1.Also I have created the receiver channel CH1 in the remote machine and also specified the machine name and port no(i.e. GAURAV(1414)) in the connection name parameter of channel definition.

When I send a message to the local queue LQ1 in my local Queue Manager QM2 the message is put successfully. But when I use Remote Queue Definition RQD2 instead of LQ1 to put the message I get the following Exception in the IE browser:-
com.ibm.mq.MQException: Completion Code 2, Reason 2045

and also the following message on the system console:-
Unable to load message catalog - mqji

I don't understand why it is happening like this because when I run my swing application to send a message to RQD2 then the swing application is able to put it successfully. I am able to see those messages in the remote machine's Queue Manager(QMVB2).

Please enlighten me in this regard as soon as possible.
Thanx in advance.
StefanSievert
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Quote:

On 2002-04-03 02:50, shaikhkamal_77 wrote:
When I send a message to the local queue LQ1 in my local Queue Manager QM2 the message is put successfully. But when I use Remote Queue Definition RQD2 instead of LQ1 to put the message I get the following Exception in the IE browser:-
com.ibm.mq.MQException: Completion Code 2, Reason 2045

and also the following message on the system console:-
Unable to load message catalog - mqji

I don't understand why it is happening like this because when I run my swing application to send a message to RQD2 then the swing application is able to put it successfully. I am able to see those messages in the remote machine's Queue Manager(QMVB2).

Please enlighten me in this regard as soon as possible.
Thanx in advance.

What are the options you have specified for the MQOPEN/MQPUT? A 2045 means that you have specified options that are not valid for the queue type you are accessing, for example an open option MQOO_INPUT_xxx is not valid for a remote queue definition. Please check your open options or post the section of your code where you do the MQOPEN/MQPUT for further assistance.
Thanks,
Stefan

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Problem in Server -Server model in MQ
Jump to: