ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » MQ Series for MVS

MQ Series for MVS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
offshore
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: MQ Series for MVS Reply with quote

Master

All,

I have a question about Candle Command Center Admin Pac for MQSeries, that is/was packaged with MQSeries at one point in time.

I currently run 5.3, but i noticed it was packed w/ 2.1 at one time. I still have the old 2.1 libraries around. Mostly, I'm interested in PQEdit that was packaged with the product.

Where is it and if it's not installed how can I set up. Currently, there is a need for a programmer to access a queue and edit a message for testing.

Link/text about the CCC being package:

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/integration/mqfamily/platforms/os390/v2r1/

Quote:
This product is packaged with MQSeries. It includes a customized version of Candle Command Center for MQSeries and a single-user version of Candle Command Center Configuration, allowing management and configuration of MQSeries networks. It also includes PQEdit for application testing. To obtain the full versions of these products, and for product support, contact Candle Corporation.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

The CCC Admin Pac was a reduced offing of CCC for MQ. It was a promo that Candle and IBM offer for 2 years - I think. Its been a while but I believe it allowed only 1 user to connect and allowed a very limited number of queue managers to be monitored.

Yes, PQEdit was the best part of the Admin Pac. But before you do a bunch of hard-work, the version of PQEdit in the Admin Pac had an expiration date of Jan 15, 2001. (I don't remember the exact date.) So even if you get it installed and configured, it won't run.

The other thing to note is that Candle has dropped support / sales for PQEdit a while ago. They now sell 'PathWAI Editor for Messages'. A n-tier solution ($$$$$) where you deploy agents and a server component and then view the messages in a queue via Internet Explorer. Some platforms do NOT have native agents (OS/400, OS/390, etc..). That means for OS/390, you will need to have CAF installed on OS/390. (see 'Platforms supported' in link)
http://www.candle.com/www1/cnd/portal/CNDportal_Article_Master/0,2293,2683_2473681_3446528,00.html

The above stuff was one of the reasons that I wrote MQ Visual Edit. Some people like / need a stand-alone message editing tool.

For more information or to download a 30-day trial of MQ Visual Edit, go to:
http://www.capitalware.biz/products.html

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
offshore
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Roger,

Thanks for the reply. I suppose that's why I couldn't find it

Yes, I saw the pathWAI editor for messages. Although I find it amusing tha IBM now owns candle

Most things on z/OS don't have "native" agents as everything is written for the distributed world anymore. I do have the z/OS MQ CAF installed so that isn't a problem.

Thanks,

Offshore

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » MQ Series for MVS
Jump to: