ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » CICS transaction error

CICS transaction error « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Sonali
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: CICS transaction error Reply with quote

Novice

What can be cause of CICS transaction error??In my message flow ,a CICS transaction error has occured and I dont understand what should I look at??
Sonali
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Please help me.I am in urgent need to know possible cause of CICS transaction error.
Missam
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Hi you can use the serach button above with search option CICS and transaction and error.you can see some results.
Sonali
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Matched results doesn't help me.
Zteve
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: CICS Transaction Error in Message Flow Reply with quote

Sonali, can you explain a little more about your problem? Are you using a CICS node in your flow, or using the CICS/MQ Bridge? Or is this all gobbledegook to you?
Perhaps you could append here the full text of the error message you are seeing.
Sonali
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

ya,I have 2 flows for request and reply.Request flow is getting XML file,converting it to cobol and sends it to mainframe.On the mainframe side,a reply message is constructed and send to reply-queue(mentioned while sending the request).After getting this reply message.a filter node is checking if any CICS transaction error occured or not.If occured,then a compute node constructs XML error message and sends it to queue.And error message matches with this compute node's statements,thats how i interpreted that CICS transaction error occured.
Zteve
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: CICS Transaction Error Reply with quote

Well, there is no response to this post after all this time -- so I hope your problem has gone away, Sonali.
I'll leave this up, though, for other people.
Sonali wrote:
ya,I have 2 flows for request and reply.Request flow is getting XML file,converting it to cobol and sends it to mainframe.On the mainframe side,a reply message is constructed and send to reply-queue(mentioned while sending the request).After getting this reply message.a filter node is checking if any CICS transaction error occured or not.If occured,then a compute node constructs XML error message and sends it to queue.And error message matches with this compute node's statements,thats how i interpreted that CICS transaction error occured.

From the above, I assume that you are using MQ to send a message to the CICS system, and to receive the reply message. The transaction is then triggered on CICS by the MQ/CICS bridge mechanism, which handles the reply message.

If you are receiving a reply message, then this is either generated by your CICS transaction (and contains whatever the application says it should) or else it is generated by the MQ/CICS bridge mechanism in the event of an error. Since your reply flow is reporting a 'CICS Transaction' error, I'm assuming this is a standard reply message.

The reply is sent (by MQ/CICS Bridge) even if the transaction backs out or ABENDs, and there are a number of fields in the reply message explaining what went wrong. You should look in the MQ APR (Application Programmer's Reference) in the section called CICS Information Header, to interpret those fields. No doubt your filter is doing just that. The values of those fields are a bit more informative than just 'error', but not a lot. At least you will be able to tell if the transaction abended, or if the bridge failed, or if the program is missing or disabled, and so on.

The story varies slightly depending upon whether you are using a DPL or 3270 variant of the MQ/CICS Bridge, but the reference should help you in either case.

Does that help? If you discover that the CICS transaction itself failed, the next place to look is on the CICS system -- where there should be some messages, and/or diagnostic information, like a transaction dump. In the worst case you could switch CICS tracing on (see your CICS administrator to do this selectively) or even interactively debug the COBOL trasnaction program at a CICS terminal, while running an experimental flow.

Good luck, and please report your progress back here.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Mainframe, CICS, TXSeries » CICS transaction error
Jump to: